Recommendations needed for a 43" tv to play PS5 and Xbox Series X

hybridauth_facebook_670373973

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Really need your expert advice guys - narrowed it to 2 tvs

Sony 43” X85J - looks good but no component for older game consoles and composite is an add on that has to be bought from Sony - otherwise looks good as it has 2.1 x 2 so
I can leave both next gen consoles connected

Samsung 43” AU8000 - 300 euro cheaper - onlyhas 1 x 2.1 hdmi - are 2.1 hdmi splitters any good?

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks - I had planned on getting the Samsung 32 T5300 this morning and as I'm an older gamer sometimes I like to hook up my original Xbox or ps2 to my gaming tv and play old-school games. The T5300 has component so I assumed most new TVs had just dropped scart and kept component/composite. I got a shock when I read that the X85J doesn't have component - it's not a deal-breaker but it would be nice to play the old consoles in my office. I know there is a composite add-on I can get so I might look into that but it feels like a step back from scart on my old TV.

Only moving away from Samsung 32" T5300 because I can't get anything definite about response time and am worried there will be a lag between the controller and what is happening in Fifa on the screen. Am I wrong here - so hard to pin this down as I really liked the idea of buying this TV,

It's for my office and my kids will use it when I move on to my next office TV so the X85J with its 2 x 2.1 should future proof it for them.

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Just an update in case anyone is interested - I bought the 50" X85J - its perfect for gaming- Spiderman Miles Morales on PS5 and Halon Infinite on Series S look amazing. I know I was after a gaming TV and that is exactly what I got but I'd prefer my Samsung 8500 for movies - I hate the soap opera effect on any tv, I turned off sony version - 'Motionflow' and while it helped a little I still see hints of soap opera effect.

Reactions: bigboss

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts