Recommendations for turntable with Hegel H190

Rzie

Jan 23, 2023
Visit site
I have a Hegel H190 amplifier, would like to buy a turntable and connect it to this amp. What are the suggestions in price segment up to 1000 Eur? Preamp integrated or better not? Thank you in advance

WayneKerr

Can't see a phono/turntable input on that amp so you would either need to purchase an external phono-stage or a turntable with an internal one.

As for what to purchase there are the usual suspects of Pro-Ject and Rega, availability of other brands would depend on where you live.

Reactions: Al ears

Rzie

Jan 23, 2023
Visit site
Can't see a phono/turntable input on that amp so you would either need to purchase an external phono-stage or a turntable with an internal one.

As for what to purchase there are the usual suspects of Pro-Ject and Rega, availability of other brands would depend on where you live.

Would there be a hearable difference in sound quality external phono stage vs integrated?

Many would say yes as you only get what you pay for, but in all honesty I have failed to hear any difference in a double blind test conducted with a good friend. Your ears may be better than mine :)
when you're paying that much for an amplifier of that nature then it makes sense to use a decent phono preamp. The ones fitted to some turntables are adequate but can be bettered by a reasonably cheap addition of a separate phono preamp.
If you want to keep it simple then buy a turntable with inbuilt phono stage.

Integralista

Feb 9, 2024
Visit site
Hi Rzie,

Hegel 190 is very good amp. Now Hegel started with production of new version of H190V with MM phono preamp integrated for 4100 Eur. Is is even not on their web yet. Test pls. find on lbtechreviews.com. I use Rega Aria MM/MC preamp with older Rega Planar 25 turntable and Godring Elite MC. The sound is awesome. I have also Planar 9(2nd Generation) with Lyra Delos MC and Electrocompanient ECP 1MK2 with special external power supply. Electrocompanient here with power supply is may be 15% better than Rega Aria. So Aria is still outstanding. As you have big Hegel integrated, phono Hegel V10 is excellent choice for you. V10 is better than Aria, comparable with Electrocompanient ECP2 MK2 or PrimareR35. All of those thee are also excellent choices, Hegel is just "new to the club" and has very good price. To get something really outstanding you may choose phono from Vertere Acoustics 1 mk2 L is last version, also in orange colour😃. Here is Vertere the king of the group. So answer to your question is not so easy. If want analogue sound on level of your amp, I will choose stadalone phono preamp with turntable in arround 2000 Eur territory. For me analogue is main source of music. When you are starting with analogue, than MM preamp for 400 eur and Rega or Project deck for 800 eur will make a good service for you. Later you may upgrade. Best regards.

Another option, if you like a classic look, is this Technics, which includes a switchable preamp. It’ll get you started, and when funds allow, you can get an external preamp, and upgrade the stylus to a Blue from the warmer-sounding Red.

Hopefully you’ll come back to see this!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts