Recommendations for bookshelf speakers for Itube 182

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have decided on getting an Itube 182 and was wondering if anyone could advise on a pair of bookshelf speakers and what would be a good pairing.

I was looking at Monitor Audio Br2 (90db 6ohms)

or

Mordaunt short Mezzo 1's (88db 4-8 ohms)

What would be your views on the above and also recommendations. for other speakers.

Thanks

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
The M/A BR2's or the BR1's would go very well

As would...

Dali Lektors
B&W 686's
MS Mezzo 1's

Are you after brand spanking new or will you consider quality 2nd hand as well (i.e. eBay)?

Also; what music will you be listening to?

A

Anonymous

Hi Thanks for the replies, yes i would consider second hand but would prefer new because i get a warranty and i also know that they have not been thrashed, i have considered the Ushers but i am not sure that they or the Dali Lektors would have enough oomph.

I would also consider floorstanders as long as they were not too bulky in size.

The setup will be in my living room and i will be listening to all types of music from E.S Posthumus - Eric Clapton - Schooly D - Bach - Regina Spektor.

A

Anonymous

Well i am going to go and listen to a few today but they wont be on a valve amp unfortunately.

Anyone know the kind of speakers specs that go well with a valve amp like the 182 like db, ohms etc.

A

Anonymous

Now that sounds interesting John and i have a richer sounds 10 mins away, i think i will check these out at the moment the Monitor Br2's are what i am thinking about but i will definately check them Tannoys out.

Cheers

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Hendog - i know you keep jumping around re what your buying - i ordered a Fatman Carbon 2 and MA BR1 speakers today - will be with me on tuesday next week - will let you know how i get on

A

Anonymous

Well i aint jumping around no more,picked up a nice pair of B&W 685's last night at my local store and i am well impressed with both the amp and the speakers, i am using the ipod and playing flac files through rockbox, my girlfriend was dubious to all the coinage i spent but this morning when i fired it up she soon changed her mind and has now been converted to the dark side and let me quote "ohh studley you were right it is worth the money it sounds amazing"

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts