Recommend some good wireless over ear headphones.

Chr78

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys.

Recommend some good wireless over ear headphones. The sound im lookin for is open, detailed, with clarity and a tight full bass.

Recommend!
regular_smile.gif

quadpatch

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I've heard the Sennheiser RS220 are the best you can get. They're almost as good as the cheaper HD600, it's amazing that they're this good, that's not a criticism of this model, but the technology in general (wireless headphones are extremely hamstrung). I've always been disapointed by wireless headphones, so if you want great sound more than anything else I'd consider ditching the wireless aspect (especially for open back). If you must have wireless just know you're making a big sacrifice with audio quality. How much are you willing to spend?

Lauri Cular

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I have the RS170 and these sound pretty wide (you only stated wide 'sounding') - I have had to take them off on more than one occasion to check that particular sounds are real or not. You'll benefit from isolation as well of course.

Or the RS180 is the open version, but as above the absolute best is the RS220.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the RS180. Absolutely satisfied. I couldn't get on with the 170s; they made my ears sweat, but the 180s don't do this. However being open backed they do leak sound a lot and don't expect any insulation from room-noise. They can be bought off Amazon for £169. May be even cheaper elsewhere. Unless you have money to burn, check that these will meet your needs before £400 on the 220s, because at least part of that money is used on the price of the included optical and coaxial DAC, which you may not need.

quadpatch

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
I have the RS180. Absolutely satisfied. I couldn't get on with the 170s; they made my ears sweat, but the 180s don't do this. However being open backed they do leak sound a lot and don't expect any insulation from room-noise. They can be bought off Amazon for £169. May be even cheaper elsewhere. Unless you have money to burn, check that these will meet your needs before £400 on the 220s, because at least part of that money is used on the price of the included optical and coaxial DAC, which you may not need.
Just to clarify: The Optical and coaxial connections of the RS220 are not connected to a DAC in the way you might expect. The DAC, as with all digital transmitting wireless headphones, is located in the headphone itself. The fact that the power, DAC, amplification and driver are all stuffed inside a headphone's ear-cup and this all has to be relatively light is the main reason why they are so tricky to make and keep their audio quality competative with the highest quality wired alternatives. The fact that you can't add any other DACs or amps to the mix also means they're impossible to upgrade.

TRENDING THREADS