Recommend me a Panasonic Blu-ray player

silversid

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I need to buy a Blu-ray player and want to stick with Panasonic, what do you recommend it would be mainly for my big collection of DVDs and the new Blu rays I am buying, price £150-200.

silversid

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
bigboss said:
Well, all you do is look for a Panasonic blu ray player in your price range. From 2014 range, look at Panasonic BDT460 or soon to be launched 360. Or save yourself some good money by going for last year's 230.

Thanks for that, what about the BDT330?

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Cant blame you, they are very capable machines, but do try out Sony too, they are very well supported with firmware updates etc. In honesty, it really does not matter which as the picture and sound quality will be the same over HDMI. However load times will vary between them, which could be a factor :)

silversid said:
bigboss said:
Well, all you do is look for a Panasonic blu ray player in your price range. From 2014 range, look at Panasonic BDT460 or soon to be launched 360. Or save yourself some good money by going for last year's 230.

The only difference between 230 and 330 is that 330 adds 4K upscaling (useless on a blu ray player which cannot play future 4K blu ray discs) and a second HDMI output. Second HDMI output is useful if you want to watch 3D on your TV but don't have a 3D compatible AV receiver.

If you're not worried about these 2 features, then 230 is equally good.

silversid

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
bigboss said:
silversid said:
bigboss said:

The only difference between 230 and 330 is that 330 adds 4K upscaling (useless on a blu ray player which cannot play future 4K blu ray discs) and a second HDMI output. Second HDMI output is useful if you want to watch 3D on your TV but don't have a 3D compatible AV receiver.

If you're not worried about these 2 features, then 230 is equally good.

Thanks alot.

silversid

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
duaplex said:
Cant blame you, they are very capable machines, but do try out Sony too, they are very well supported with firmware updates etc. In honesty, it really does not matter which as the picture and sound quality will be the same over HDMI. However load times will vary between them, which could be a factor :)

Can you recommend me a Sony, I'll check them out.

BowserWilkens

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the Panasonic 335, think it's the 330 in England.

Got mine for 170euro about 6 months ago.

Very nice picture & sound quality.

Unless you want to up your budget & consider more expensive models from Marantz, Denon or Oppo, you'd do well to get a Panasonic in your price range as BB stated.

I don't see any point in buying a player in the price range in between. (unless you need a recorder or hard drive equipped model)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts