Recommend me a all-in-one soundbar please :)

Traldera

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Hey all,

Hope you don't mind me quizing the forum hive mind.

I am looking for an all-in-one soundbar (ie has built in sub(s)) for approximately £200, although less will be better. Lets say £250 upper limit.

Just some background here: I have a full 5.1 seperates hi-fi system but I have moved into a flat and it just isn't practical anymore so is in storage for now. I am after an all in one soundbar to produce decent sound with wide frequency range without taking up too much space.

So far I have considered the Yamaha YSP 1400, which seems like a very good pick especially as I can plug in my subwoofer to it should I want to.

Another one I came accross today is the AZATOM sounbar......never heard of the company but the reviews seem very favourable. Does anyone know about them and if the products are actually decent or just mediocre?

I'm open to any and all suggestions guys so please do throw 'em at me :D

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Traldera said:
Hey all,

Hope you don't mind me quizing the forum hive mind.

I am looking for an all-in-one soundbar (ie has built in sub(s)) for approximately £200, although less will be better. Lets say £250 upper limit.

Just some background here: I have a full 5.1 seperates hi-fi system but I have moved into a flat and it just isn't practical anymore so is in storage for now. I am after an all in one soundbar to produce decent sound with wide frequency range without taking up too much space.

So far I have considered the Yamaha YSP 1400, which seems like a very good pick especially as I can plug in my subwoofer to it should I want to.

Another one I came accross today is the AZATOM sounbar......never heard of the company but the reviews seem very favourable. Does anyone know about them and if the products are actually decent or just mediocre?

I'm open to any and all suggestions guys so please do throw 'em at me :D

please please don't get a soundbar with built in subwoofers. They are terrible. My old friend had a Phillips with 2 subs in it and I couldn't even hear no bass even at loud volumes! I purchased a soundbar for my mum 2 weeks ago with a small wireless sub and even that has 10x more bass than those inbuilt subs.

Sorry to jump in. I'm in a similar position..about to buy a Sony X85 TV, not sure whether it is worth getting the package deal on the upgraded HT-CT381 soundbar (will cost me £149 withnthe TV) or just to leave and buy something separately. I have a Kef 2005 surround setup but tempted the simplicity of a soundbar and sub. Only have a small budget maybe £350.

Friends...I've narrowed this down to either sticking with my existing 5.1 Kef 2005 setup and upgrading the centre to a 3005 or getting a Kef V700 soundbar to use with my existing sub (thus dispensing with the amp). The amp I have is a Sony STR-DB900 QS receiver. Appreciate any advice as I can't audition this anywhere.

I know we're biased, but we have to disagree with the sweeping statement that all soundbars with a built-in subwoofer are terrible.

Our Q Acoustics M4 has a built-in subwoofer and, if we say so ourselves, is rather good. It's also received universal acclaim, including What Hi-Fi?s Soundbar 'Product of the Year' award for both 2014 and 2015.

However, it has a SRP of £329.90, so may not be suitable for the OP.

http://www.whathifi.com/q-acoustics/media-4/review

Best regards

Steve Reichert - Q Acoustics

lordsquirrel

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Re bass... It all depends what you are looking for. My wharfedale Vista 100 soundbar was cheap and sounds decent, but I sometimes wish I could turn down the bass a bit further than the controls allow... But then i'm not interested in annoying the neighbours or waking the kids with earth - shattering bass. If that's what you want get a separate sub, if not something simpler will probably do the job fine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts