Recommend a surround system for £200

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My dad heard my set-up over the weekend and loved it. However it is a little over his budget but he would like to try out a surround system. So, for around £200 do you have any recommendations for a surround system (amp, speakers, not including DVD player) that would give very clear speech.

He isn't bothered about bass weight and slam but just needs clarity of speech. In fact he's not worried about surround speakers either, just something thats crystal clear. I though maybe a 2.1 might do it but I think he would benefit from a dedicated centre channel.

Doesn't have to be current, maybe end of line or Mr Richer special.. Any ideas?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Best bet for that money is something like the Yamaha AV-3103 - well, actually just the AV-3103, since I don't know of any similar systems at this price level.

It's not quite cutting-edge in terms of facilities and features, but I've heard such Yamaha systems in the past - in fact, my sister has one! - and they sound pretty decent, and certainly far better than any kind of all-in-one mini or micro solution at this price level.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew. Thats a lot of kit for the money, looks like what I'm after.

A

Anonymous

Any ideas on how it would compare against something like the Sony DAV-DZ260 -http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/4027

I see a lot of satisifed customers on Amazon for the Sony but of course - we don't know what they are used to, do we?

Are we talking about a midi system vs. separates difference? Just pre-empting the obvious question I'll get asked...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I'm pretty confident the Yamaha system will perform considerably better, and of course it'll be more flexible and won't double up on the DVD players.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew. Makes sense but it is nice to hear someone else say it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts