Recommend a stabile and strong router

Chr78

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys.

When i stream my music from my computer through my apple tv-optical connection-amplifier, the music often stops/connection lost on wi-fi. Some call it deadspots? others say it is a problem with apple tv/airplay? What do you guys think? And can you recommend a good strong, stabile router with no deadspots?

Christian

abacus

You are in the wrong forum, you need to go to a dedicated computer forum where you will find all the information you need about Wi Fi and routers, as well as how to get the best from them. (Only use Wi Fi for convenience and portability, for serious work stick to wired (Most Home Plug systems also leave Wi Fi way behind).

NOTE: I f your using a router supplied by your ISP then it’s probably as basic as it gets (Exception is the Virgin cable router) and pretty much any other router you purchase will be way better. (In recent tests the latest Sky Router really is abysmal via Wi Fi)

Hope this helps

Bill

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
for home use, have a look at the draytek http://www.draytek.com/index.php?lang=en or the billion http://www.billion.com/ routers.

Both makes produce excellent solid routers, much better than the standard netgear et al.

emptage

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem of the wifi signal not reaching parts of the house. I was using a Virgin Media Superhub 2. I changed this to modem only and bought a Netgear Nighthawk which is one of the more powerful routers on the market. Solved the problem

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
emptage said:
I had the same problem of the wifi signal not reaching parts of the house. I was using a Virgin Media Superhub 2. I changed this to modem only and bought a Netgear Nighthawk which is one of the more powerful routers on the market. Solved the problem

Just received one of these today, Netgear Nighthawk. It's a big old beast and very stealth shaped and keeps staring at me most menacingly. By god it is quick and was very easy to set up [so my wife tells me] and has a full signal all through the house [and way beyond]. We had tried [2] of the cylindrical Apple Extremes and they were pants, reducing our 16-18 meg connection to 0.3 to 0.5 on both 2.4 and 5 streams randomly. The Nighthawk was £130 on Amazon Deal of the Day yesterday so prices are starting to move down.

I can't recommend it as only been running a few hours but pages have never loaded so quickly, well except on here of course.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts