recomended amplification for SPENDOR S5e speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello Everybody,

That is what I currently Have: Spendor S5e speakers, Denon PMA-2000RIV amp, Denon DCD-1650 AR cd player,Audioquest Slade bi wired speakers cable, Nordost blue heaven II interconnects, Tara Labs Prism AC power cables , power conditioner. I decided upgrade my system and hold on to speakers. I have following amps on my mind:

1. Creek (either Destiny or 5350 SE)

2. Krell KAV-400IX

3.Audio Note OTO SE

4. NAD M3

I am wondering if any of you had any experience with these amps driving S5e's? Here is the music material I listen to most of the time: Miles Davis,Dave Brubeck, Four Play, Christy Baron,Diana Krall,Norah Jones,Cassandra Wilson, Jan Garbarek,Pink Floyd, Mark Knopfler, Lorena Mc Kennitt,Marcus miller. I will also be looking for new source so Any suggestions are welcome and I appreciate your help ......

Best Regards,

Arthur Gorniak

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I'm sure Ketan, our technical editor, has heard at least one (if not all!) of the above with the Spendors - i'll ask him to come back to you with an answer tomorrow.

In the meantime, it's interesting you haven't shortlisted Cyrus kit - it's often a preferred partner for Spendor speakers. Just a suggestion!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I had the Krell and can confirm that it would be more than good enough to make your Spendor sing. It will also withstood any future upgrade without problem. The 400Xi is one of these product that sound a lot more expensive than it cost, build like a BSH and hold the value very well. TOP BUY.

A

Anonymous

Clare,
Thank you very much for taking your time to answer my question. The reason I did not mention Cyrus is that I live in US where Cyrus components are hardly ever available and I can get all other amps in good deals. I am looking forward to hear from you regarding any suggestions.......

A

Anonymous

Hey Thaiman,
I heard great opinions about 400IX however I couldn't find any information about Krell driving Spendors. I prefer warm sound even if it is not very analytic. The combination I have now (Denon) just hurts my ears when I listen to Miles Davis or Jan Garbarek. I suspect that Krell might sound similar. The good this is I could get it for around $1500. My pick number 2 is Creek Destiny .Thank you for your time,

A

Anonymous

For a warmish sound that's good with vocals you might want to consider the Sugden A21SE, I've heard one and it sounded lovely. Top amp. jules.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
Musical Fidelity A5? Or even the new A5.5? They'd drive the Spendors nicely, and give you the kind of sound you're after.
[/quote]

It's not on the list but diito Mr.E's post. Value for money.

A

Anonymous

Did anybody hear spendors with Creek Destiny or Classic amps?????

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts