Receiver Upgrade - Denon vs Onkyo

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm considering an upgrade to my Denon AVR-2805 receiver. It is currently paired with Monitor Audio Radius R225 for the front 3 speakers & MA Radius R90 surround speakers, with a REL Quake sub. It is required mainly for movies, although I do occasionally use the system for music.

My local hifi shop recommended a Denon AVR-2309, which I've had a demo on & am quite impressed. However, a quick search on a price comparison site shows that the 2309 comes up only £50 cheaper than the Onkyo TX-SR875 (£650). This strikes me as a bit of a bargain, but I don't have a stockist locally to compare the difference.

So - I'm after people's thoughts on whether I should go for the Denon at £600, or the soon to be replaced Onkyo at £650?

Any views greatfully received!!

Gozaradio

Jul 16, 2008
Visit site
Well, after much research myself, I have found my budget creeping up and up until I now find myself poised to buy the Onkyo 875.

If it helps you make your decision, Richer sounds have the Onkyo 875 for £600 now (in silver, black is £700).

Question is - will the price reduce further when the 876 is released later this month?

A

Anonymous

Also remember that richer sounds are doing the 2808 for £499 or £399 if you are a VIP club member,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts