Received Government response to analogue switch off.

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Quote:
"Listeners are clearly being attracted by digital-only services, including the BBC's digital-only stations..."

...which are now being axed.

Andrew Everard:... which just reiterates what the Digital Britain report said.

All well and good the Government highlighting the advantages of digital, but areas like mine the reception is appalling. There are those who say that once the switch over is complete reception will be far superior. Only time will reveal, I suppose.

Sorry if I sound really downbeat - recent experience with Government officialdom dosen't inspire confidence.

I don't think the situation is so bad though.

"However, we have been clear that this process will be market-led and will only consider setting a date for digital radio switchover once 50% or more of all radio listening is to digital."

The only way for digital radio to achieve over 50% listening is by improving the quality of its services.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
What did you expect? There aren't votes in it. Government too busy spending a fortune on advertising just about every aspect of its work in every commercial break on TV.

Andrew Everard:What did you expect? There aren't votes in it. Government too busy spending a fortune on advertising just about every aspect of its work in every commercial break on TV.

Don't get me started on Government spending.....
emotion-12.gif

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin:
Andrew Everard:What did you expect? There aren't votes in it. Government too busy spending a fortune on advertising just about every aspect of its work in every commercial break on TV.

emotion-12.gif

That'll be redundancy costs then

Ravey Gravey Davy:plastic penguin:

emotion-12.gif

Noooo, way off track.

However, it's very close to my family and general wellbeing.

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin:Ravey Gravey Davy:plastic penguin:

emotion-12.gif

Noooo, way off track.

However, it's very close to my family and general wellbeing.

I am talking the dismantling of the civil service- sorry I was not so individual.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts