Rear Speaker

Rob_k

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi

I was after some advice re rear speakers set up for a 5.1 set up. My room dimensions are 4 meters long (with the T.V. opposite the settee) by 3.2 meters wide. My settee is against the back wall and can't be brought forward off the wall. My ear level would be about 1.2 meters from the floor. I can either mount the rears on the back wall or alternatively I can mount them on the side wall albeit if they were on the side wall, they would have to be mounted at about 2.2 meters up from the floor because there is a doorway into the room on one side. I have recently moved and previously used a pair of Mordaunt Short 302 bookshelf speakers for the rears. I was wondering what advice people had to give if any on the rears - I can either use the current speakers that I have (I have wall brackets which I could use to angle them on the back or side wall) or I was wondering about a pair of purpose rears such as

Mordaunt Short 903i

Warfdale diamond 10.dfs
Mission 79ds
Monitor Audio Bronze BRFX

I have a Yamaha 1065amp, ATC SCM7 fronts, Mordaunt Short 309i Sub and 905i centre and use a PS3 for gaming/movies

Thank you

Regards

Rob

A

Anonymous

Rob_k:

Hi

I was after some advice re rear speakers set up for a 5.1 set up. My room dimensions are 4 meters long (with the T.V. opposite the settee) by 3.2 meters wide. My settee is against the back wall and can't be brought forward off the wall. My ear level would be about 1.2 meters from the floor. I can either mount the rears on the back wall or alternatively I can mount them on the side wall albeit if they were on the side wall, they would have to be mounted at about 2.2 meters up from the floor because there is a doorway into the room on one side. I have recently moved and previously used a pair of Mordaunt Short 302 bookshelf speakers for the rears. I was wondering what advice people had to give if any on the rears - I can either use the current speakers that I have (I have wall brackets which I could use to angle them on the back or side wall) or I was wondering about a pair of purpose rears such as

Mordaunt Short 903i

Warfdale diamond 10.dfs
Mission 79ds
Monitor Audio Bronze BRFX

I have a Yamaha 1065amp, ATC SCM7 fronts, Mordaunt Short 309i Sub and 905i centre and use a PS3 for gaming/movies

Thank you

Regards

Rob

I would suggest dipole speakers , side mounted , don't know if any that you have suggested are dipole design

I realise you cant move your couch forward but even a little bit would help as you should avoid having the side speakers forward of the listening position , it will spoil the effect

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts