really small speakers

scubasteve

Jul 6, 2007
Visit site
I need to replace my BW P5 floorstanders as we have a new baby that has just started crawling and is more than liekly to pull them down. I need the smallest speakers around to wall mount. do notg care how much they cost. they will be running from cyrus set up of prexvs, 8p, cd8x, pxsr. i will play CD's but wife listens to everything through the apple TV so compressed AAC mode.

i looked at the SA1's but even they are too big so i need some even smaller, mission cube size ideally. i am not in the uk so cannot always get to see them in person. any advice gratefully received.

I also may need to replace the cyrus kit if i cannot baby proof it. what one box solution is the best bet for this

A

Anonymous

DO NOT can your entire hi-fi for a baby. Babies grow up, a hi-fi can last a lifetime. Box it if you must. I have a friend who simply placed the components on a shelf (about 5 feet up) and then put a locking glass door over it.

As for speakers. The Totem Mite is smaller in both height and width but a touch deeper.

Also... commending your fatherly spirit and everything, but I don't think properly secured speakers ever did foul upon a baby. I crawled around under hulking Advances my formative years. Is it not possible to anchor floorstanders or stands to the floor using ye-olde powertools, and then firmly attach the standmounters to their stands using construction glue?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Agree. Why dont you pack everything up for the time being and get yourself a micro ala Onkyo or Yamaha. They're ok and you will be save in the knowledge you still have your good separates to play with every so often.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts