Really Miffed with Pioneer

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
So there I am, decided that I am going to buy the Marantz CR603. Seen it, heard it, very impressed and apart from a final decision to be made about speakers I'm ready to go. Money in place so just a matter of popping over to SSAV and do the deal. What happens, Pioneer announce a range of all-in-one micros coming out in the autumn. The top model would appear to be in competition with the 603, same price bracket and looks like it'll do everything the Marantz does. So now I feel obliged to wait for a while till I can see and audition the new Pioneer model. Not much detail on it yet, not even physical size (that may be a deciding factor, depth is very important). So feeling a bit miffed right now as I STILL have to make a decision. :wall: Rich

Oh the joys of hi-fi, eh?

I'd say if you really like the sound of the Marantz, and it has all the features and connectivity you require, I would plump for that one. Even though Pioneer maybe lumping it against the Marantz all-in-one, it may not have the all-round ability, and it could be a few months wasted.

Also, with Marantz, Andrew Everard did mention that it sounded rather good with expensive speakers (PMC GB1is in particular). That's some amp...

In addition, the owners on here of the Marantz absolutely love it... Go for it!:dance:

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
I have the Marantz and don't think that you will be disappointed if you buy it. It sounds great and, after my experiments with getting Airplay working today, I can vouch for it going plenty loud too.

dave_k

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
There will always be a new product on the horizon that we think will be better and that we ought to wait for. I'm the same when it comes to cameras: since i first thought of replacing my ageing dslr 2 years ago I've lost count of the number of new models that have come and gone! And still they keep coming! And I'm still dithering...

TRENDING THREADS