Really basic Question

Q Bass

Sep 5, 2007
Visit site
Hello

I’ve never had an AV receiver before and I need help on setting it all up - there's too many inputs and outputs it all confuses me

I have a Yamaha RX-N600D

Tannoy F4 fronts, rears and FC centre

Mordaunt Short 309w Subwoofer

Samsung CRT 32” TV

Old Sony DVD player

Playstation 2

What goes where and how do I connect it all up?

Thank you for any help

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Okay, speakers connect to the speaker terminals as indicated. They should all go into the terminals labelled A, and fronts going to front left and right, rears going to Surround speakers left and right etc. The subwoofer is connected into the Output labelled Subwoofer (above the speaker terminals for the surround right speakers). This is all in page 13 of the manual.

EDIT - Here's a picture from the manual to show the speaker hookup:

You haven't said what connections you have on the TV or DVD player so this is a bit tricky. If you're not sure, you can give us the model numbers and I'll look it up. Also, how do you currently connect up the PS2 to the TV? Do you just use the lead that come with the PS2 or have you bought an upgraded cable at all?

Q Bass

Sep 5, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I don't have the manual and tried to find it online but couldn't

The PS2 is connected with the supplied cable with the red,white and yellow cable going into the side of the TV

The DVD player is the Sony DVP-NS330 but I can't find the Model number for the TV it's the last sort before the plasma/LCD took over it looks like an LCD from the front

Oh and I have a standard Sky box too

Sorry I'm rubbish at this and having poor vision only makes things worse

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
No worries, I can help with the manual - if you go to this site, on the right hand side it has a PDF downloads section and one of them is the owners manual.

On the connections, I've got enough info now. Basically, as well as the speakers, you want to hook the DVD player to the amp with a digital coaxial cable. The connector for this is shown as connector 1 below:

2.jpg

This can be hooked into the amp via an optical cable (as shown on the diagram of the amp above where it says Optical audio out.

Once it's all hooked up, you should be ready to go!

Q Bass

Sep 5, 2007
Visit site
Thank you it all seems to be working and the sound is great but should get better as the speakers run in

I have a Rotel RB1080 power amp/RC1070 pre-amp can these be used to power the front speakers and how would I go about doing it?

Cheers again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts