Reality check

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
I've just received a new pair of Boston Acoustics A25 speakers to have fun with until I make a decision on more permanent solution.

This is a big wake up call for me. I've just recently sold my Harbeth C7es3's and have been considering replacing them with eother the Proac D1 or JMR Bliss Silver.

For the price I paid, $160, they are definitely worth serious listening from me for the next couple of weeks.

How is this possible?

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I know what you mean.

About a year ago I sold a pair of Monitor Audio BR1s. Prior to boxing up I connected to my MF amp, and they were surprisingly close to my thousand pound B&Ws at the time. But I'd already sold them. Should have kept and refunded really and risked the bad feedback :)

The biggest upgrade in my HC was the amplifier. You've obviously got that bit really nailed down.

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
You've got some great setup all around your house! Yeah, my amplifier is going to stick around for a while. The Bostons were playing some pop, jazz, and classical last night. My jaw didn't hit the floor (never did for Harbeth either), but it kept me coming back to it. So enjoyable and easy to listen to. More detailed review coming up!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts