admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Has anyone on here got real hi-fi, I see a lot of Linn, Rotel, Marantz etc but thats just pretty bog standard stuff if you have real decent equipment tell us about it.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I find that rather insulting Crocguy. I think most (if not all) people on this forum would consider their systems real HiFi (as in High Fidelity).

I believe you mean esoteric and/or expensive equipment....

A

Anonymous

my sister's got a sony all in one?...

I agree your just showing off.

A

Anonymous

Hi Fi can be defined in a variety of ways. I believe that my Rotel Integrated coupled with my Acoustic Energy AE-1s playing my Denon DV-2900 universal disc player is pretty good kit. I challenge you or anyone to show me a system that sounds better without spending thousands more. All in all I have an open, clear sound with enough dynamics to play a wide variety of music. Is it perfect? Probably not, but I have owned krell, musical fidelity, rega, nad, quad, sunfire, pro-ject, myryad, wharfedale, vandersteen, etc. Some more expensive than what I currently own. But none so different that I could justify the difference in price differential when my budget was tighter. Now that I have more money, will I invest in better kit? Probably, but I am certain my old kit will provide hi fi to someone with an appropriate budget. Let us not be hi fi snobs, as the real hi fi is in the listener, not in the kit.

John Duncan

[quote user="fatboyslimfast"]I find that rather insulting Crocguy. I think most (if not all) people on this forum would consider their systems real HiFi (as in High Fidelity).

[/quote]

Read his previous posts. Read his signature. Ignore thereafter.

The most apposite user name on here.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Missed that sig John. Got too wound up in my own red mist there
emotion-1.gif

...note to self...ignore CG from now on!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="professorhat"]If you read crocguy's other posts, you'll find he attempts humour like this on a regular basis...[/quote]

And fails, probably should get out more.............

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
leave the croc for Thai "Dundee" man
emotion-2.gif

Your speakers look like a build in wardrobe (with mirror to see how cool you look today)! your amp look like a 1960 jewery box and Goldmund recently been accoused of using the same components as a £150 Pioneer in their £3k DVD (don't believe me, look up on their website!)......Is that what you call a "real Hifi" then I rather have a stack of Arcam!
emotion-4.gif

On the serious note though, HiFi snobbery has no place in any forum but I hope that you started the thread with tongue firmly in cheek
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="crocguy"]Has anyone on here got real hi-fi, I see a lot of Linn, Rotel, Marantz etc but thats just pretty bog standard stuff if you have real decent equipment tell us about it.[/quote]

Yes sure! Can't tell you much more than that it came with a Merc around it ;)

A

Anonymous

when i buy a "real" hi-fi i will make sure to play plenty of "croc & troll" on it ;)

A

Anonymous

thanks anyway john - its been a long day but i like to try anyway...

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JohnDuncan"][quote user="fatboyslimfast"]I find that rather insulting Crocguy. I think most (if not all) people on this forum would consider their systems real HiFi (as in High Fidelity).

[/quote]

Read his previous posts. Read his signature. Ignore thereafter.

The most apposite user name on here.[/quote]

.......you have a lovely way with words JD.......my medical diagnostic expertise confirms his self styled label of crock is accurate........quite generalised though as opposed to one specific organ.......but the brain appears to pre-dominate ;)

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"]Is that what you call a "real Hifi" then I rather have a stack of Arcam! [/quote]

Wash your mouth out...people's naivity these days... ; )

A

Anonymous

Infact, shall we ask our good friend 'Croc' some questions about his equipment, and see if he really does possess the components he states he does? And yes, I have some "real" hi-fi...Maplin speaker cables!!! YAY!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
You are a funny lot. Taking things to heart a bit much. I too like to wind you up sometimes, it makes for interesting threads! Do you really care if one tosser spreads a little sewage? I particularely loved the

BAMBOO SYSTEM

and the ...

TRIANGULAR SPEAKER PROJECT USING B&W UNITS AND KEF CROSSOVER

... classics
emotion-11.gif

A

Anonymous

And fond memories of the "your system is rubbish" one with the Polish family who popped up now and then...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts