RE - What pair of speakers should I purchase for full 7:1 HD sound (currently using AEGO T5.1)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Alright,

Just upgraded yesterday to a new 7:1 HD surround sound receiver, namely the Yamaha DSP AX763 (love it too bits already) from my trusty NAD T760 (5.1 receiver which was a trusty steed for over 6 years). I have the Accoustic Energy AEGO T5.1 surround sound speakers and sub-woofer and am looking at upgrading to 7:1 to blow the neighbours away and maximise HD sound!

Cannot see them being sold separately and I am looking for advice or for someone to point me in the right direction for a pair of quality small wall mountable, preferably black finish speakers to supplement my existing set-up?

Already have a Panansonic 42 in "Viera" LCD TV with the Panasonic BD 35 blue ray DVD player so now I am wanting maximum 7:1 HD sound?

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Room size will dictate whether it's going to be worth it.

R

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
If the Aego's aren't available separately, you might want to get some Neo 1s for the front left and right, then use the 5 Aegos for centre, surround left/right and surround back duties.

If you can house larger speakers of course.

This will also help your 2 channel replay, if that's important to you.

RCduck7

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
The aegos are sattelite speakers right??

I had one of those systems from JVC with small speakers about 10 years ago and its not bad for movies.

But then i upgraded to something more musical and also better for movies which had a 5 star in what hifi and still deserves (if your room is not to big).

This mission package, it was calles mission m71i i think.

It had a very good sub to and was not to pricey.

I still have fond memories from it but i sadly sold it when i had a much bigger room, i should have kept it.

RCduck7

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
1994shug:

24 foot by 10 foot?

Not to ideal.

Are you gonna place your speakers along the 24 foot wall??

If you gonna place them in the small 10 foot area the sound gonna got to have a long way to travel and will sound small and a bit lost. Bass will suffer to, at least you got to make sure to keep sound refections to a mininmum in that setup.

If you gonna sit along the 24 foot wall with your speakers at the opposite wall performance will increase, especially with music. But then i would forget about upgrading the speakers to 7.1. Place your surrounds at the sides of the couch.

Try to experiment.

A friend of mine has B&W 802D nautilus speakers and even 3 big subs for music and i was amazed how he had not much bass from his setup, his room was very long and narrow. Then he placed his speakers at the side wall and he can't go back now, sound was very much improved. A wall not too far behind the listener position acts like a reflector and sound will be much weightier and focused. Plus you can set your front speakers wider apart and still have enough room to keep away from sidewalls with your front speakers which is good for a good sound image.

Also, there are not many 7.1 films out yet. And an EX/matrix setting to simulate 5.1 to 7.1 is not ideal. Stick with 5.1 if the dvd is recorded in 5.1.

I see your excited with your new 7.1 receiver and i don't want to spoil the excitement but i have gone through the steps you are going to take and learned from it.

Experiment in the room and listen. Listen first where you should place the speakers for good stereo sound and the rest should follow.

A

Anonymous

My surrounds are placed on both side walls and the speakers are wallmounted front and back at an appropriate listening position. I have a corner leather suite and surrounds are just behind my seating position already, delighted with sound so think I will hold myself back and consolidate with my 5.1 sound system. If anything now I will upgrade CD player next

Appreciate you taking time to respond

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts