Re. Temptations Bryston review in Sept. issue.

Babur72

Nov 25, 2007
Visit site
Hi there guys,

Currently enjoying flicking through my WHF? Sept. issue.

Though there is something i'd appreciate the WHF? staffers clarifying.In the Temptations section on page 74 the conclusion to the Bryston BP-26 & 4B-SST2 review states:

'This Bryston combo should keep working for years.It's not fussy about music & is utterly truthful about the kit it's connected to.These qualities have earned it a place in our reference system;we can't give it a higher endorsement.'

Forgive me.But does this mean you've replaced the older 4B-SST power-amp. in your Bryston reference system with the new 4B-SST2?

If so.Would you still recommend the new 4B-SST2 version to me as worthy of auditioning.Even though i found the old BP-26 & 4B-SST version a tad too bright,clinical & edgey towards the top-end.A bit too punchy & tight in the bass region.And a little too forward for my liking?

Thanks.

BABUR.

Babur72

Nov 25, 2007
Visit site
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the prompt response.

If i were to arrange a demo. with the Bryston BP-26 & 4B-SST2,would these amps. & a digital source sound any better(& by what margin) with Bryston's stand-alone BDA-1 DAC & MPS-2 power-supply,than with the BP-26's optional integrated DAC module & without the MPS-2 power-supply?

Regards & thanks.

BABUR.

Babur72

Nov 25, 2007
Visit site
Hi again Andrew,

If you wouldn't mind indulging me again(?).

Which speaker brands/models would you encourage me to partner them with & which won't accentuate the Bryston's bright sound & their forward presentation?

Thanks for your time.

BABUR.

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
PMC and Bryston had a show room for audition during the KL INternational AV Show. The pairing was superb actually. Cant recall the model but speaking to PMC rep from the UK, they are not particularly in ties with Bryston but they have found that their speakers work really well with Bryston amps and CDP.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
El Hefe:they are not particularly in ties with Bryston but they have found that their speakers work really well with Bryston amps and CDP.

...Apart, of course, from PMC distributing Bryston in the UK, and...

"PMC has been the proud distributor of Bryston products in the United
Kingdom & Eire since 1993 and with Bryston have collaborated to
develop the world's leading active electronics and amplification which
feature in PMC's active loudspeaker systems."

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

El Hefe:they are not particularly in ties with Bryston but they have found that their speakers work really well with Bryston amps and CDP.

...Apart, of course, from PMC distributing Bryston in the UK, and...

"PMC has been the proud distributor of Bryston products in the United Kingdom & Eire since 1993 and with Bryston have collaborated to develop the world's leading active electronics and amplification which feature in PMC's active loudspeaker systems."

As a distributor, yes they have strong ties with Bryston. And yes, the technology used for the electronics and amplification are built alongside the loudspeaker system. The transmission line that PMC speakers use, is that from Bryston? Or is it PMC's?

The PMC rep did emphasized that to reach a wider audience, PMC sole distributor here in KL are allowed to try to match customer's existing CDP and amplification with PMC range of speakers.

TRENDING THREADS