Re-locating itunes help needed pretty please

mcjwalters

Apr 19, 2008
Visit site
How can I move itunes to a new NAS hard drive when my itunes albums seem to be partly saved on my computer and partly on a full external drive, so itunes uses my external drive as the location of some of the albums it needs to fine. I am a computer idiot, just to warn you. There could be a prize for the easiest solution. How about a packet of choc hobnobs ?

idc

This how I did it in the past.

1 - on the new NAS make a file and call it itunes music or something similar that is not shared with any other file elsewhere to avoid confusion.

2 - with the NAS connected and showing the new file find the music files on your PC and the hard drive.

3 - open each of those files and drag and drop the contents into the new NAS file. That can take some time, depending on how many files there are.

4 - once the new file is full of your music you need to set it as the default file for itunes to use.

5 - open itunes and then click on editon the top tool bar, then preferences at the bottom of the drop down box then the advanced tab then change in the itunes media location and find the NAS and the new file and click on it.

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
As an alternative could you not just change the media folder loacation to that of the NAS and then just consolidate all the files in your iTunes library?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts