RCA v XLR

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I use Van Damme Studio balanced XLR cables from pre-amp to power amps because my cables need to be 9m long, and I understand that balanced is better over larger distances. I also find the XLR connector reassuring in that it lets you know it has seated properly with a satisfying click. You also don't need to use the same force to connect an XLR as you do with RCA, which just makes the XLR feel (to me) to be a better designed connector.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Gazzip said:
I use Van Damme Studio balanced XLR cables from pre-amp to power amps because my cables need to be 9m long, and I understand that balanced is better over larger distances. I also find the XLR connector reassuring in that it lets you know it has seated properly with a satisfying click. You also don't need to use the same force to connect an XLR as you do with RCA, which just makes the XLR feel (to me) to be a better designed connector. 

I use them also
Id always use balanced xlr if I have a choice

Ine of those things that are not audible but make you feel better and they won't introduce noise

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts