Question RCA interconnect

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 201267

Hard too tell at this stage i think i prefer the optical i have made a lot of changes too my system recently so still exploring and expermenting .

Maybe i was unclear as i was referring to your speaker cable test.

Reactions: WayneKerr
D

Deleted member 201267

Sorry yes that was a blind test so my friend swapped the speaker cables both QED my friends cable cost 50% more than mine.
I couldnt hear any diffrence it was fun though ! has he left the orignal cables on twice and i said 1 was better lol.
i wont say any more .🔌

Just re-read this.

So do you know what make / model of QED speaker cable you, or your friend, owns on the grounds that you know that your friends cable cost 50% more ?

Is there not a make / model name printed on the cables ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Al ears
D

Deleted member 201267

I applaud you for doing this, top marks hifi, well done mate (y)

I agree its great that people post their experiences on the forum after actually testing items out...whether there experiences match mine or not.

I'm still interested to know which actual model of speaker cables were tested though !

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark Dunlop

Nov 15, 2022
Visit site
But it is shielded, because it’s designed for industry. It looks cool, but isn’t “for Hifi”, it’s just wire.
Sorry, maybe I didn't make my point very well. I know it's shielded cable and I know it's "just wire" but the point I was trying to make is that it's not super-expensive fancypants audiophile cable "shielded by neopropypenalene as used by NASA" or whatever. It's £9/m bog standard power cable. By contrast, you can, if you like, buy Furutech DPS 4.1 mains cable at £400/m. That would probably stop the buzzing too, but the everyday cable seems to have done the job I needed it to do without re-mortgaging the house :)
m.d.

Sorry, maybe I didn't make my point very well. I know it's shielded cable and I know it's "just wire" but the point I was trying to make is that it's not super-expensive fancypants audiophile cable "shielded by neopropypenalene as used by NASA" or whatever. It's £9/m bog standard power cable. By contrast, you can, if you like, buy Furutech DPS 4.1 mains cable at £400/m. That would probably stop the buzzing too, but the everyday cable seems to have done the job I needed it to do without re-mortgaging the house :)
m.d.
Agreed, not pretending to be anything. I got some from MCRU a couple of years back. Two sets of 1m with mains and IEC plugs, for £20 the lot. Too thick for easy wiring mind, which is doubtless why they sell it DIY.

Reactions: Mark Dunlop

Noddy

Mar 16, 2023
www.EnglishFungi.org
I am looking at mains filters not sure if my system is going too note a diffrence or my Ears .

A mains filter can remove a DC offset, which may make a transformer inside an amp, or other box, buzz. A faint buzzing, audible from a few inches away, is nothing to worry about though.

People refer to a mains filter producing a clean mains supply, and obviously clean is better than dirty, ewwww, not nice. As far as I am aware a mains filter is not needed, unless you have a DC offset. As an aside, it might make sense to use an extension lead with a surge protector.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts