Ratio Changes on Dark Knight

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Where is this supposed to happen? What scene/chapter?

Dark Knight was the first blu-ray I bought (now the proud owner of about..oooohhh...9).

Quite a few people have said be prepared for the chase scene where it changes to the Imax view.

Well I have watched the film twice and on neither occasion was I aware of any changes in aspect ratio. Is it very obvious? Am I just a thick yorkshireman who can't even tell when the ratio changes?

If someone can tell me when it occurs I'll play it again and check doubly hard for any change.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Happens a few times - the entire first part of the film with the bank robbery scene is in IMAX which finishes when the school bus drives off. Some of the other scenes change, including the outdoor parts in Singapore and the underground chase scene as the Joker attempts to kill Harvey Dent in the armoured truck. You may not notice it if you're deeply engrossed in the film (I didn't really the first time I watched), but you'll see the black bars at the top and bottom disappear during the IMAX scenes.

digigriffin

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
I think this was down to the director who thought the IMAX scenes looked better so cut them in
emotion-7.gif

A

Anonymous

Nolan shot the big action sequences and some 'WOW!' exteriors in IMAX which is close to 16:9 in terms of ratio, and the rest of the movie in 2.35.1 anamorphic. The SD DVD has a steady 2.35 image throughout but they BD drops in and out of the IMAX in order to give HD equipped homes the opportunity to enjoy some REAL hi-def!

A

Anonymous

Dont get us all started on the Dark Knight lol wat an awesome film on blu ray. The IMAX scenes are fantastic. One of the 'extras' describes how the IMAX scenes were filmed .. very interesting!!

A

Anonymous

In principle, yes. What I should have said is that Nolan shot for projection in IMAX cinemas, which as we know are different from the original IMAX theatres (like the Trocadero one).

These are the places that charge you extra for extra resolution.

A

Anonymous

Sorry Guys - could you help me with the settings on this?

I've had a new slim ps3 and can't get this to play in Dolby True HD (Just Dolby Digital). I can get the DTS HD master with Wolverine. Settings all on auto.......am I doing something wrong?

A

Anonymous

You have to select dolby true hd from the dark knights menu before you play the film. Not sure why it isn't by defult.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Stevie - movie auto started but now changed the settings. Like you, would have thought this would have been default (but this is my first BD). Now for the popcorn and beer for movie night tonight!

cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts