Radio and iTunes played through Hi-fi

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for all the help with my previous post.

I've auditioned the Marantz, Roksan, Cyrus and Rega systems. The winner in my mind is the Cyrus (6a and CD6SE2) along with Dynaudio DM2/6s.

So now another question; I know I like the Cyrus sound so now how do I get Intenet/ DAB radio and connect my iPod/laptop iTunes?

Sonos with NAS? Will I need to upgrade from Cyrus 6a to Cyrus DAC?

If you could spell out exactly what I'll need to play radio and iTunes through a Cyrus system I'd greatly appreciate it. Also, I'm not so concerned about music quality from radio/ iTunes so cheapest/ easiest option would be best for me.

Thanks,

Allan

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
the cheapest option would be 3.5mm to 2 phono adapter for your ipod to plug in to the back of the amp and a cheap tuner for radio.

Not elegant and certainly won't give you the best sound quality, but will cost peanuts.

camcroft

Hi.Have you got Bluetooth on your laptop.If so you could use a QED Uplay Bluetooth puck.My pc has`nt got bluetooth so I use a Belkin bluetooth dongle which transmits to the QED which is connected to my auxillary input of my amp.I am able to play anything off my pc and all my Apple products recognise the Qed.I am very happy with the sound I think its good quality in fact.Hope this helps

A

Anonymous

If you already have Sonos you already have a link to internet radio and itunes ?

Deliriumbassist

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Sonos and a NAS would be the route I'd go down. Maybe go down the route of picking up a Cyrus CDT transport and a 6DAC, and then run the digital output from the Sonos Connect into the 6DAC? That way, you've got a DAC there for use with other bits and pieces as required (Onkyo NDS1 for example, or a laptop), your CD playback, music from iTunes and radio via Sonos, running the Sonos through a better quality DAC than the onboard.

A

Anonymous

Allan273 said:
Thanks for all the help with my previous post.

I've auditioned the Marantz, Roksan, Cyrus and Rega systems. The winner in my mind is the Cyrus (6a and CD6SE2) along with Dynaudio DM2/6s.

So now another question; I know I like the Cyrus sound so now how do I get Intenet/ DAB radio and connect my iPod/laptop iTunes?

Sonos with NAS? Will I need to upgrade from Cyrus 6a to Cyrus DAC?

If you could spell out exactly what I'll need to play radio and iTunes through a Cyrus system I'd greatly appreciate it. Also, I'm not so concerned about music quality from radio/ iTunes so cheapest/ easiest option would be best for me.

Thanks,

Allan

To listen to iTunes and internet radio (via TuneIn Radio Pro app on my iPad 2 & the net radio stations on my EPOZ speakers) I use my ATV 2 via AirPlay through iTunes and the ATV is plugged into my speakers using a FiiO D3 DAC and optical cable/RCA cables

Sound superb and I've never had issues with sound quality etc...

What I would say is that using a cable to connect your iPod/iPad to the system is ok but the sound is limited and never sounds anywhere near as going using AirPlay etc...

david_hardeman

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I was in a similar position to you recently and this is what is decided to do.

I use an Apple TV and most definitely recommend it. I use it for streaming both radio and my itunes library to my Cyrus 8 Qx and the sound quality is excellent, even the price is very reasonable. And you can also stream the iPhone/mac display to your TV (if you connect a TV, but you don't have to)

For connecting an iPod or iPhone directly I opted for the Cambridge Audio iD100 dock and it's sound is amazing, due to the bypassing of the DAC in the iPod and making use of the great one in the Cyrus kit.

I'd take a look at both options, but I can't say enough about how practical and useful, while maintaining good sound quality, the Apple TV has been.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts