R I P Malcolm Young AC/DC

gasolin

Malcolm Young R I P

Since brian johnson left the band did they give concerts other than the once with axel rose?

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/nov/18/acdc-co-founder-malcolm-young-dies-aged-64

Wil AC/DC ever gonna be a band again with new records and touring?

jjbomber

gasolin said:
Malcolm Young R I P

Since brian johnson left the band did they give concerts other than the once with axel rose?

Wil AC/DC ever gonna be a band again with new records and touring?

Nope, though Angus has also guested with Guns n Roses a few times. So just the AXL/DC ones. I saw them in Manchester and they were very good.

Yes they will. Malcolm was replaced by his nephew on the last tour. Why not in the studio? Brian has been on stage guesting with paul Rogers. The other guest was Robert Plant. Some lucky ticket holders got to see that show. The loss of George Young as producer and Malcolm's songwriting would be missed.

''Life is leasehold, not freehold.'' as I once said.

S

SemiChronic

Sad news indeed, Original heavy rock from one of the greats.

By way of tribute, im digging out back in black for an errand around Manchesters very own highway the hell. The M60 :/

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Great band that has given us loads of excellent songs over the years and makes realise I am getting older when the bands you grown up with start to disappear for good I have every AC / DC album made such a great band .

We salute you ! Malcolm for great Rock and roll !

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
They have always been my favourite band and I have seen them on every tour since 1981. Even though this was inevitable given his illness it's another rock and roll great gone too soon. 64 is no age.
sad_smile.png

Ride on.

RIP Malcolm Young.

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
jjbomber said:
Yes they will. Malcolm was replaced by his nephew on the last tour. Why not in the studio? Brian has been on stage guesting with paul Rogers. The other guest was Robert Plant. Some lucky ticket holders got to see that show. The loss of George Young as producer and Malcolm's songwriting would be missed.

''Life is leasehold, not freehold.'' as I once said.

Half of me hopes you are right and half of me doesn't. Even before today's news the current AC/DC is a parody of itself with only Angus remaining. Cliff Williams has retired and assuming Phil Rudd isn't gonna get an open invite to return anytime soon then it just isn't AC/DC anymore for me.

I have just returned from seeing Deep Purple this evening and if ever there was evidence needed that a once great band needs to pack it in it was tonight. AC/DC died the day Bon Scott died to my mind but reinvented themselves to a degree with Brian Johnson. Now he's been fired off they'll almost be their own tribute band if they decide to continue.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Paulq said:
I have just returned from seeing Deep Purple this evening and if ever there was evidence needed that a once great band needs to pack it in it was tonight.

I was watching something on the TV on Friday night, a Radio 2 performance by Deep Purple and I was thinking exactly the same. A shadow of their former selves, and I found it quite embarrassing in parts, particularly Ian Gillan.

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
DIB said:
I was watching something on the TV on Friday night, a Radio 2 performance by Deep Purple and I was thinking exactly the same. A shadow of their former selves, and I found it quite embarrassing in parts, particularly Ian Gillan.

I think it's worse when you have seen them in their pomp so you (I) have a, perhaps unfair, comparator. However, apart from the first 3 songs last night, they were just a pale imitation of that great band they once were. Much as I have loved them I wouldn't go and see them again.

Hats off to Robert Plant for having the bottle to call it a day with Zeppelin rather than tarnish their great name with reunion performances which would never emulate what they once were.

jjbomber

DIB said:

+1. I thought at one stage that Gillan was having a nervous breakdown. He was awful.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Paulq said:
DIB said:

I think it's worse when you have seen them in their pomp so you (I) have a, perhaps unfair, comparator. However, apart from the first 3 songs last night, they were just a pale imitation of that great band they once were. Much as I have loved them I wouldn't go and see them again.

Hats off to Robert Plant for having the bottle to call it a day with Zeppelin rather than tarnish their great name with reunion performances which would never emulate what they once were.
Robert planet has just brought a solo album out I have listened to it but wouldn’t buy it even though I am a led zeppelin fan his voice is not the same as it was

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts