quick sonos set up question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Im going to set up my sonos package tomorrow planned it all roughly in my head just checking this will all work ok!? I plan on having a Zone bridge br100 connected via ethernet to my bt homehub in room 1 so i will have internet radio access, room 2 will be my zp90 connected via ethernet to my Nas drive and by phono to my amp room 3 will just be the zp120 connected to speakers will that be ok? I only want the Nas drive in room 2 as i can plug in to it via usb when i need to and is easy to tuck away in there. Thanks. 

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
flairdj:
Im going to set up my sonos package tomorrow planned it all roughly in my head just checking this will all work ok!? I plan on having a Zone bridge br100 connected via ethernet to my bt homehub in room 1 so i will have internet radio access, room 2 will be my zp90 connected via ethernet to my Nas drive and by phono to my amp room 3 will just be the zp120 connected to speakers will that be ok? I only want the Nas drive in room 2 as i can plug in to it via usb when i need to and is easy to tuck away in there. Thanks.

Is ths NAS drive connected to your HomeHub? If not it will be connecting to your network via the ZP90 (I assume that can't be right otherwise it wouldn't be connected to your network now?), which means nothing will be able to find it until that ZP is set up.

It doesn't matter what room the NAS is in, if it has its own connection to your network all the ZPs will be able to see it.

By the way is it the older white HomeHub or the newer black one? There's a known issue with the new HomeHubs that neither BT nor Sonos have been able to sort out yet (to my knowledge).

A

Anonymous

Hi it is the older white home hub but no problems all the rooms are working fine! Only thing now is the only artwork that is showing is the artwork i added myself and none of the ones that itunes downloaded!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Double-check the tags for the itunes stuff, or it could be that the images are too big, Sonos has a maximum size limit (in pixels, rather than kb), but I can't remember what it is.

A

Anonymous

Well all the cover art shows up in itunes in cover flow or grid but like i say only a few bits on the sonos remote not sure what to do really? wouldnt have thought any were too big as they are just the normal size which i ive checked and most seem to be around 300x300.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
you need to compare the itunes artwork and tags with the stuff you've downloaded and added yourself.

One quick thought does the itunes artwork pre-date the Sonos or did you get the artwork after you got the Sonos, I'm just wondering whether you need to do a re-scan on your library from the Sonos (Update Music Library from the controller)?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts