Quick Sky repair question

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
If you have to call Sky out to fix an issue does the £65 call-out fee cover everything or are they likely to charge additional depending on the problem?

I don't think there's anything wrong with my Sky box but the dish bracket is now so rusted it's broken in the recent wind, so so is no longer pointing the dish in the right direction, I may also need the cables and possibly the LNB replaced due to water damage and I'm trying to work out whether it'll be cheaper to get Sky out or call my local satellite bloke (I could actually do the cables myself to be honest).

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Ah, the very man I was hoping for (you're like the Candyman, say SKY 5 times and you appear, with sage advice!).

Excellent, that's what I was hoping for, pretty sure that's all the problem is, the box is showing no signal at all on either input, I was able to connect one input from our other dish, which works, although it still breaks up occasionally, despite the signal strength and quality being good and the other box attached to that other dish shows no issues. Oddly ITV also breaks up in exactly the same fashion when watching Freeview on the TV, rather than Sky, although I realised last night that the aerial is actually passing through the Sky box in question, which may indicate an issue with the box (I'm wondering if we've had water ingress in the cables which may have affected the tuner, I powered the box off for a good 5 minutes last night and went through the resetting LNB from the installer menu, which seems to have stabilised things), but the first step is to get the dish sorted and go from there.

Cheers Dave!

harveymt

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
Is this still the case about the £65 fee covering everything? Talking to a mate tonight who was having problems with his box and seems convinced that Sky wanted a £65 call out fee and £100 to change his box. I questioned him about it as I was under the impression it £65 all in but he said he spoke to 3 different operators who all said the same thing and tried to sell him insurance instead.

daveh75

harveymt said:
Is this still the case about the £65 fee covering everything?
Yes. If it's the box thats at fault it is covered in the £65 service call charge and will be replaced (with a 'refurb')

Talking to a mate tonight who was having problems with his box and seems convinced that Sky wanted a £65 call out fee and £100 to change his box. I questioned him about it as I was under the impression it £65 all in but he said he spoke to 3 different operators who all said the same thing and tried to sell him insurance instead.

Sounds like he was dealing with ill informed CS agents or they were trying to con him into buying a brand new box/scare him into signing up for their rip off insurance.

It's common for Sky CS agents. The two main job requirements seem to be absolutely no knowledge of the products/services Sky offers and a propensity to BS.

brianmcr

Sep 14, 2007
Visit site
I've got Sky coming on Thursday due to no signal, the dish has moved due to the high winds but the dish is rusty and wont secure properly now. I was told the £65 call out will fix my issue, I asked asked if a new dish is required if that is included in the £65 and I was told yes. I chanced my arm saying I was a long standing customer on the full package and she reduced the call out to £40, not bad. I was going to fit a new dish myself which would cost me £30.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts