Quick question

CarlDW

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I really like the look of the AE1 active speakers. I heard them at the Bristol Show last year and was very impressed.

My Marantz has a variable audio output - am I correct in thinking that I could connect this to the AE1s via RCA, set the level on the speakers, and use the functions of the unit but bypassing the internal amp? And control the volume?

I think that for the very reasonable outlay the increase in sound quality could be pretty big.

record_spot

Well, the Marantz also has its' own onboard amp, so you'll need to check if it can act as a preout to bypass the amp section (the AE's will have their own amps). If the AE1 actives are anything like their earlier AE22 models, you'll be in for a treat. One of the best speakers I heard bar none and a bargain at the price. I hope they work out for you.

chelstondave

May 23, 2010
Visit site
it does have pre outs if you look in the specifications here

https://www.marantz.co.uk/uk/products/pages/productdetails.aspx?catid=speakerdocks&productid=melodymediamcr611

Page 98 of the manual says you need to change the output to variable from fixed, then you should be able to use it as a preamp for active speakers

CarlDW

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I think the MCR603 didn't have a variable output but the MCR611 does. It certainly simplifies the upgrade path. I don't think that for a grand I would get a seperate CD player, network player and amplifier that would sounds as good as the AE1's.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts