Quick question, yes/no answer. Mains plug for Cyrus amp.

max337

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I picked up a 6xp new, at a bargain for my son. The mains cable is missing, moulded iec type kettle plug I assume.

Question being, is it fine to simply purchase another, say from ThatCable or do I require something specific?

230v - ~ 50/60Hz - 185w

I think a general one would do but better safe than shouting and swearing.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
From the kettle would be fine! Yes just use a general one. Sorry difficult to give a yes no answer to an open question but i think do i need somthing specific... No

max337

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Ha, that's what I initially thought then.....hang on, it's kooky Cyrus....you never know.

Thanks. At least we can test it now. :)

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Try contacting Cyrus.

Don't want to start another 'cable thread' but the power chord can affect how your amp sounds.

Or see if you can get a psx cheap.

A

Anderson

Thompsonuxb said:
Don't want to start another 'cable thread' but the power chord can affect how your amp sounds.

Mains cable does not make an audioable change to your amp.

A

Anderson

michael hoy said:
?

Mains cable does not make an audioable change to your amp.

?

OH yes it does (Slaps thigh).

Oh you - cheeky skamp! ;-]

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Yes, you can use any old power cable.

I use the following in my system.

I can't post links but if you type ... 'Audio Friendly Silver Mains Power cable 1.5 metres' in ebay you see them.

Better looking, shielded, very well made and they don't cost the earth.

I also use ferrite cores everywhere plus all goes into a Tacima

Have fun

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
drummerman said:
Yes, you can use any old power cable.

I use the following in my system.

I can't post links but if you type ... 'Audio Friendly Silver Mains Power cable 1.5 metres' in ebay you see them.

Better looking, shielded, very well made and they don't cost the earth.

I also use ferrite cores everywhere plus all goes into a Tacima

Have fun
That sounds just fine.

A

Anderson

Back on topic.

To OP, I can wholeheartedly recommend this cable, at just a smidge under 10G's its a steal. You will experience butter smooth but defined highs, your mids will be punchy crisp with a velvet undertone and bass will become taut but tunefull. Some might describe it as lifting the veil. I surprised my wife with this cable, had to so that I could justify the cost to her. I swapped out the regular power cord on the kettle, when she made that tea she turned to me, tears in her eyes, said the tea tasted like God himself had come down from heaven and made the tea with angels tears. I told her the cost of the cable, she handed me her credit card and begged me to by another.

/s

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

sarcastic-pictures-and-quotes-does-elle-diabla-munch-minge-12281.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts