Quick bluetooth questions

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
I have no Aptx products but believe its worth the effort sound quality wise.

Has anyone used this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Avantree-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Driver-free-Headphones/dp/B01G3J1I5M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491548612&sr=8-1&keywords=avantree+dongle

If I read this correctly it will allow me to send flac files via aptx bluetooth from my laptop. Is this correct or is there something I should know about codecs that I will only find out when I buy this and it doesn't work :) ?

Also if I use this I assumeI can send to something like this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TROND-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-Adapter/dp/B01N9PI9T6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491548786&sr=8-1&keywords=trond+bluetooth

I appreciate not many may use this exact setup, but am I on the right track, or is there something even better?

Thanks

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
There are now different flavours of aptX. There is a low latency version. You should check out the Creative BT-W2 low latency Bluetooth transceiver which is a small and inconspicuous USB dongle. I used the previous BT-D1 successfully with aptX speakers and a Chordette Gem.

insider9

Sorry won't be much help. Wifi every time for me unless it's in a car.

But I did find this when looking for alternatives for you :) There's many more if you look for a 'streamer' on Amazon...

411MIyGmx7L.jpg

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
insider9 said:
Sorry won't be much help. Wifi every time for me unless it's in a car.

But I did find this when looking for alternatives for you :) There's many more if you look for a 'streamer' on Amazon...

I took your advice before and it worked out so just pulled the trigger on that one. Thanks ;)

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I used a generic CSR AptX Chinese dongle that I bought for less than $10 on ebay just to satisfy my curiosity. Sounded great, only annoyance was the latency, but it was only slightly worse than using my phone instead of the PC to stream to the Roksan K2BT. I don't remember what the packaging said, if it claimed low latency.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts