Quick advice needed. Arcam rDAC or Beresford Caiman Gatorized.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Am hoping to get a quick answer as time is running out!

I know nothing about DACs and am hoping this upgrade will give my system (or my ears) the shot in the arm either needs.

I am stuck on whether the Arcam or Beresford is all round the best buy. I know Arcam got the award but prior to the Caiman being Gatorized (what a name!).

I have an A85 amp so am tempted to opt for the rDAC of course but any help would be greatly appreciated.

It is mainly going to be fed FLAC and 320 MP3 via my PC which currently has an Asus D2X soundcard doing the feeding.

Cheers, max.

A

Anonymous

OK time still available but not much!

I just wanted to throw the Cambridge DACMagic into the mix as I see it has had a reduction in price and could be a bargain, although only from what I read the Arcam could be the winner.

The real question is how does this Gatorized Caiman fare with the other 2?

Thanks.

dannycanham

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Not a fan of the DacMagic. Not heard the Gatorized Caimen but it is supposed to be a good buy in this range (as in upto £250)

Fan of the rDac. It is in the price range above the othe two. Both the Caimen and rDac (you wouldn't need the soundcard for this, the rDacs USB is its best input) are good buys.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, am coming down in favour of the rDAC, seeing as I have an Arcam amp too.

Only asking in such a hurried fashion as there is an improved Caiman available for a good price.

Thanks. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts