Question regarding Leema Pulse Phono Stage(s)

Morning people, I have a quiery regarding the Leema Pulse I phono stage. it has both a MM and MC phono stage, so i wanted to know which type of MC cartridge would best match the MC phono stage, either low output or high output? I'm thinking of buying an RP6 and wanted to know what my best options would be for a cartridge.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
bigfish786 said:
Morning people, I have a quiery regarding the Leema Pulse I phono stage. it has both a MM and MC phono stage, so i wanted to know which type of MC cartridge would best match the MC phono stage, either low output or high output? I'm thinking of buying an RP6 and wanted to know what my best options would be for a cartridge.

If you are buying a phono stage with MC then you really want to avoid a high output cart, again phono & cart mixing is very important - I am just venturing into this myself and am trying to learn. Have replied about phono stages in your RP6 thread.

The Pulse does indeed have a MM and MC compatible phonostage although I am not sure how the MC side of it is specified.

You will have to check the manual as some MC phono stages will only be any good with high output MC cartridges. Most Low Output types only output around .2mV and this may not be suitable for the Pulse.

Personally I would stick with good moving magnet cartridges unless the Pulse is compatible with low output MC's and you intend spending over £400.

stevebrock said:
bigfish786 said:

If you are buying a phono stage with MC then you really want to avoid a high output cart, again phono & cart mixing is very important - I am just venturing into this myself and am trying to learn. Have replied about phono stages in your RP6 thread.

steve, FYI he is not on about buying a phono stage; the Leema Pulse integrated amp he has actually has a MM / MC compatible phono stage built in ( and a good one at that, I am led to believe).

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
cheers Al, all has come apparent now he has revealed what amp he has - OP stick with MM for the minute as I suspect Al is correct about the MC stage on the Leema needing a high output cart

I do like a game of ping-pong
regular_smile.gif

I think this thread is more to do with : which type of MC cartridge would best match the MC phono stage? Whereas the other thread was a general: which type of cartridge should I use? question.

And the answer to both is... use a moving magnet.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Al ears said:
I do like a game of ping-pong

I think this thread is more to do with : which type of MC cartridge would best match the MC phono stage? Whereas the other thread was a general: which type of cartridge should I use? question.

And the answer to both is... use a moving magnet.

Why?

I have always been a big fan of the AT OC9, latest version is £500, should be a reasonable match.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts