Question for Samsung 3D TV owners

McRagefit

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I've been looking at the 40" 3D models of the new ES range (for example the UE40ES6300). I saw on the website that 2 3D glasses are included.

I couldn't find anywhere which glasses these are, are they the SSG-4100GB's or better ones?

I'm deciding between a 32" and a 40". 40" is more expensive, but glasses are included in the box, so I'm trying to figure out what is the best value :)

Thanks for the help!

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
I can only speak for the shops here in Norway, but when I bought one of the new Samsung 8000 models, it came supplied with 2 sets of glasses as advertised on the actual box the TV came in.
The label on them is tiny but I think it says 3050.
Also available in a twin pack for £40, you can get the thinner type of glasses which I found just as effective.

A friend of mine went for the Sony TV instead and got no glasses included but could buy them for £80 a pair, so it pays to do your reseach before you buy :dance:

bass-boy68

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello there , Why only a 40" ? , i only ask as i think ythe largest you can buy the better the experience .The age old argument about it being too large is redundent i rckon as you quickly get used to the extra size and the benfit is great ...32" or 40' for the bedroom. Just thought i would ask and respect peoples budgets too as not all are cash cow's with deep reserves of money , all the best from New Zealand , the most beautiful world in the country :cheers:

McRagefit

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
bass-boy68 said:
Hello there , Why only a 40" ? , i only ask as i think ythe largest you can buy the better the experience .The age old argument about it being too large is redundent i rckon as you quickly get used to the extra size and the benfit is great ...32" or 40' for the bedroom. Just thought i would ask and respect peoples budgets too as not all are cash cow's with deep reserves of money , all the best from New Zealand , the most beautiful world in the country :cheers:

Well, yesterday I went to a local TV shop again, he actually recommended to get only a 32" TV, since i'd be around 2m distance (going to measure the exact distance tonight).

I agree on one part with what he said, that I'd be able to get much better image for the same price if I give in on the size of the TV. I'm looking at the ES6800/ES6710 now, costs €1000/900. A trip to Germany (live in Belgium) could save me a lot of money, since the UE32ES6710 is only €630 there.. I'm still going to try to cut some deal here however.

What do you think of that? For that price I'd have a TV with 400 Hz and micro-dimming, just smaller size.. I'm just a bit scared I'd buy a TV that's too big and thus too overwhelming for standard TV watching (such as the news etc). On the other hand, the same drive to Germany should be able to get me the UE40ES6300 for €709, which sounds like a pretty good deal too (and gives me right to on-site warranty, which is also a plus).

As you can see I'm still quite undecided, so any advice you can give is very welcome! ;)

EDIT: Just checked the distance, it's only 1.5m

A

Anonymous

I would not buy a Samsung television at the moment. It has been revealed that Samsung has defects in D6x00. To brief it up, it means that there is television that does not give full HD. My friend just figured, this out and made a complaint, but Samsung has not answered back yet. If you are into tv, I would recommend LG or Toshiba 3d passive right now, I think the service is a lot better

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts