Question for Clare Newsome / Andrew Everard - Best Full Speaker Package up to £1600- MA vs B&W

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am considering buying the monitor audio RS1 AV or the B&W 685 package ( DS3s for the rear - no room at rear hence side wall mount) but I am not sure which package is best. Can you please advise which one is best and why?

Thank you

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew but I am bit curious as to why the RS1 AV was not included in the full size speaker group test in the current issue of WF. I am sure it would have helped alot of people as both packages are popular.

A

Anonymous

Thank you Andrew - I look forward to what they have to say.

A

Anonymous

Last night I came across a similar question in the Sound and Advice section of the current issue of WHF (page 76) where a reader was advised to go for a Monitor Audio RS1 AV if he/she wanted a full size speaker package for around £1,600. However, this contradicts Andrew's advice above which recommends a 685 B&W package over the Monitor Audio RS1 AV on the same budget. Can you please clarify? Thanks

A

Anonymous

Ok Andrew I understand that is your opinion but what is the magazine's (reviewers) opinion on this was it a typo? Can also find out why the RS1 AV was excluded from the group test in the current issue?

Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No, not a typo at all - the RS1 package is considerably more expensive than the 685 Theatre, at £1600-1800 depending where you buy it, against the £1200 of the B&W. I assume that's why it was left out of the group test.

And I stick to my opinion that the 685 Theatre offers superb value for money at around the £1200 mark: the RS1 is very good indeed, but there is a price differential of up to 50%.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew - I have been offered the RS1AV for around £1290, which one is best as the prices are now comparable?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts