Question about the Technics SL-QD2 and Pioneer PL-S40

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone. So, I just started to get into vinyl about 3 months ago so I'm still a newbie to this. The TT I used at the moment is a Crosley Cruiser (I know, what a terrible choice), but my grandparents neighbor gave them a SL-QD2 and PL-S40 and they decided to give both of them to me. I'm very confuse on how to get a sound since they both don't have built in speakers. I know I need a preamp, but I'm still confuse on how it works. The SL-QD2 has a RCA output in the back (red and white) and there is another output next to the white one that is black, but I have no clue what it is. So, to get that one to make a sound, do I just get a RCA cable for the RCA output in the TT and for a preamp? The preamp I was looking at is the Behringer Microphone PP400. The same question applies to the PL-S40, but that one just has the cable built into the TT already if that makes any sense. Like, I don't see an output on the TT. It's a wire that goes inside the TT and it has the red and white cable. I tried plugging the red and white cable into my TV and my speakers and it didn't work. What do I do to get this working? Thanks

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
The output next to the RCA's will either be for an earthing-cord which needs to be connected to the ground terminal on the Phono PP400, or for a remote control link to compatible Technics amps of the era. I can't find an online photo of the rear of the unit so I can give you a better answer. Notwithstanding, you're correct that you would plug the turntable into the PP400's input and plug the PP400's output into the line-in of a regular amplifier, or to powered speakers, and so on.

Both of those turntables will need an amplifier with a phono input or a phono preamp like the PP400.

Hope that's helped.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts