Question about how to use speakers with digital piano

vdawg23

Sep 3, 2024
Visit site
Hi. I have a pair of Wharfedale speakers and a Korg D1 digital piano and I would like to use the speakers with the piano. Can anyone recommend to me what to buy to make this work? It would be just for use at home in living room. Thanks very much.

vdawg23

Sep 3, 2024
Visit site
Not sure that's going to work into passive speakers..., Can you explain?
Agreed, this is my issue. The connections into the speakers are just like four little clamps on each speaker which screw down copper wire ends... if that makes sense. Here' s a picture of the back of one of these speakers for reference: 1725359756248.png
As far as I understand, an amp is required. I do have an amp for these speakers but it's a sort of CD-player-amp combo which as far as I can tell doesn't work with a piano. I don't really know what piece of kit fills the niche I've got.

but it's a sort of CD-player-amp combo which as far as I can tell doesn't work with a piano
What inputs does it have? You might be able to source something that will adapt the piano's outputs to the unit's inputs.

I'm guessing the ones on the piano are like full-sized headphone jacks. I doubt your unit will have inputs of the same size/type.

I believe electric pianos have volume controls, so contrary to what's stated above if you can get this to work, I'd be ginger with the volume at first.

Gray

Yes, choose your required length and go into the 'analog in' sockets:

Reactions: Al ears and Minkey1

vdawg23

Sep 3, 2024
Visit site
Thanks perfect. I will give that a go.
Yes, choose your required length and go into the 'analog in' sockets:

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts