question about denon1909

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i like the sound of music it gives,so it having no pre outs was not a problem.but i listened to my speakers br5's through a rotel04 amp and they sounded even better could i take the pre out for the sub and spilt it and use the rotel as a power amp and wire the bottom two connections on the speakers.

I know i would have 2 volume controls but the rotel0-4 comes with no remote so i could leave that a set volume and just alter my denon1909 volume.

i cant see why but spliting a pre out signal what problems could that create

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
im not shaw but i think that the sub pre out is low level only but if it is posible ide love to no as it would save me upgrading my 605

A

Anonymous

Not sure what you're on about, but what setting do you use for listening to music on your 1909? Try using the pure direct setting rather than stereo setting if you aren't already and then compare to the Rotel.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
have done thanks after 2 hours of various types of music i found that the bass was the main improvement alot more control so im very happy now. Great amp for less than £450

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Smuggs,

Are you now saying that the Denon 1909 is as good as the Rotel RA 04 for stereo playback?

If not (which I expect to be the case), how close is it? What differences are there?

Thanks....

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i not the best person to ask as ive only just started to get into all this the last six months

i was thinking the vocals would be unreal through the rotel 04 but they are not that much better than my denon1909, but i would say after playing dance , indie , and soul etc the bass sounded better. if this makes sense the bass lasts a tiny bit longer on denon 1909 which for my music is worse but i was being pickie. I guess a £450 av amp should get to a £275 stereo amp. i would also say that the amount of treble and bass which i could play with was alot more on the rotel. I have a cambridge audio 640 h cd recorder. And i am going to say something that most people will not agree with but i found swapping the cd player made more difference than swapping from the denon1909 to the rotel 04.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts