Quality style speaker system at £500- £750 price point.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Having been looking at a new speaker set up, it has come to my attention that i really can't find a quality style speaker set up at the above price range.

Can anyone reccomend one ??

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Rob0180,

The KEF2005.3 speaker package with the K2 sub (new) is available for £500.00

Alternatively, the Mission M-cubes (new) are also available for around £550.00

* Seek and you shall find *

Ronald

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Where are you Rob?

If you can get up to Tottenham Court Rd, they love a good haggle. You may be able to get the B&W MT25 for near the top end of your budget.

I haggled my MT30 7.1 down to £1460 inc, delivery. He was gonna do the regular 5.1 for £1275 inc. delivery. A useful £300 off RRP, and that's not even factoring in delivery.

And before anyone starts whining about not supporting your local dealers, I visited SSAV in Bromley & Sevenoaks, and Musical Images in Beckenham. None of them had any of the MT30s in white for me to see, and they all mis-advised on the wall mounting brackets.

A

Anonymous

Big Chris,

I'm in Glasgow. MT-25's for that price would be great lol. Like you i've been to ssav but they are very, that's our price take it or leave it (£953.00) which to be fair is not great.

I'm in london this weekend and had thought about trying to get to Best buy in croydon, but i'll need to wait and see.

Maybe i'll need to try a bit more haggling and check which suppliers here in Scotland can offer me the mt-25's.

Don't suppose you have a number for the store in Tottenham road, as might give them a call.

Cheers.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT:

PNR Audio Vision - 020 7636 7536.

I think the guy I dealt with was called Abdul, but if I'm wrong, don't shoot me. Not that he'd remember me from 3 years ago.
emotion-2.gif

B&W don't allow their dealers to accept remote orders, but at least they should be able to give you a price that you'd pay if you turned up in person. At least you'll know if it's worth the trip.

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
For the budget you are looking at i would certainly consider Monitor Audio Vector which were rated 4 stars by WHFI at £900 but you can get them well with in your budget price HERE.

A

Anonymous

guy's

i have found a set of monitor audio vector's at a good price.

Looking at getting them tommx. as i can now get my setup at a good price can anyone advise if the pioneer vsx1019 or sony strda2400 would be better amps to pair with the speakers.

i am not going to get the chance to demo, so just looking for some advise.

the sony is 200 from play and i can get the pioneer for £280, will be pairing with a pioneer BDP.

Also i might be able to get an onkyo 875 for £380, as big chris and ronald have this reciever would you advise this above the other 2 even though it is a few years old now ??

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
The 875 is an awesome receiver. For that price I'd go for it, with one caveat. It gets rather warm so needs plenty of ventilation around it. It's also about 50cms deep, so you're gonna have to make sure you've got a rack/unit that can house it and house it comfortably.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts