Question QUAD S-2 speaker Upgrade/downgrade?

Toroidal_Droidal_81

Dec 6, 2019
Visit site
I got a pair of these speakers last year and they´ve been working great. It took me some time to get used to the Ribbon-tweeter "sound" its very focused. Before these I had a pair of B&Ws 685 from around 2014, a very good speaker, but they were too big for my new space. The S-2s are really good with vocals, classical and jazz etc..and they look amazing too, but my music taste ranges from that to trance, hip hop, rock and death metal, and by that point they sort of lack in a way ? I live in a small space so the bookshelf type of speaker is the only way for me.

Which type of speaker should I try out/look at to meet my needs?
I use a VINCENT SV-500 Integrated hybrid-amp to power them.

thx T.D

Reactions: eoc69

insider9

If you like their sound and are a fan of ribbons but want more thump have a look at now discontinued Roksan K2-TR5. Cracking speakers and more boogey than Quads. They will suit more musical styles. If you're lucky you may be able to sell Quads and get Roksan for similar money. They would not be a downgrade.

Al's shout of adding a pair of speakers is also a good one.

Toroidal_Droidal_81

Dec 6, 2019
Visit site
Thank you so much for your replies guys !! Very helpful actually. I did have my eyes on the QX-2s, but I went for the QUADs because it was a really good offer at that time. Maybe I should get them, keep the QUADs and see how I feel about them.

Cheers!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts