Can anyone suggest me best matching speakers for Quad Platinum Pre (DMP) & Stereo Power Amp. Right now I have Quad L 25 Classic Floorstanding Speakers with the Quad system but I feel unsatisfied as it's a ABR based bass port which is sealed kind and low on bass. I manage it with adding sub but I want to go for better speaker which would be versatile enough.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Livingstone Finney said:
Can anyone suggest me best matching speakers for Quad Platinum Pre (DMP) & Stereo Power Amp. Right now I have Quad L 25 Classic Floorstanding Speakers with the Quad system but I feel unsatisfied as it's a ABR based bass port which is sealed kind and low on bass. I manage it with adding sub but I want to go for better speaker which would be versatile enough.
Any idea of budget?

Mac

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

Livingstone Finney said:
£ 1500 to 2000

I presume your room size is quite big if you had 25L in there?

Me, I'd head to Fanthorpes and trade in your speakers against a pair of the new Quad Z3's. However, if you want to move away from Quad, consider Spendor A5R or Quadral Chromium Style 8's

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
You might like these lovely second hand PMC FB1i's.

They will give you life like bass that should work well in a room your size and with the Quads.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PMC-FB1i-/351987828494?hash=item51f41c070e:g:LU4AAOSwTuJYrFbb

If you want something even better then these used PMC OB1i's are a good step up and with careful placement should just about work in your room.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PMC-OB1-Floor-Standing-Speakers-Black-Ash-Pre-Owned-/201793209169?hash=item2efbd00351:g:L04AAOSwjDZYfi8L

Livingstone Finney said:
How about Tannoy XT6F or Bower & Wilkins 685 S2.....

Possibly but you're going to have to audition yourself. In theory they should work in that size room, but it's always just theory.

I'd stick to my theory that trading in for the Z3's should work or if looking at standmounts look at something from Sonus Faber.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts