QUAD AM TUNER

Gray

Can somebody please tell me the best aerial for a Quad AM 3 Tuner I have just purchased. Th e sound is very BUZZY/HISSY when I turn it on and try to tune a radio station
Have an internet search for 'AM antenna'.
You'll see loop antennas and some YouTube DIY stuff.

Unfortunately, there's a limit to how much you can improve AM radio reception.
(You're probably aware that it's hardly a hi-fi source, but maybe you don't need it to be).

I own their FM4 and I know of the FM3, but the AM3 is a new one on me.
I didn't know Quad had made an AM only tuner.....and I'm a bit surprised they did.

Hope it didn't cost you too much.
On the plus side, if it ever happens, the proposed FM switchoff won't affect you 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: Al ears

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
Have an internet search for 'AM antenna'.
You'll see loop antennas and some YouTube DIY stuff.

Unfortunately, there's a limit to how much you can improve AM radio reception.
(You're probably aware that it's hardly a hi-fi source, but maybe you don't need it to be).

I own their FM4 and I know of the FM3, but the AM3 is a new one on me.
I didn't know Quad had made an AM only tuner.....and I'm a bit surprised they did.

Hope it didn't cost you too much.
On the plus side, if it ever happens, the proposed FM switchoff won't affect you 😉
What are the terminals on the back of the tuner to facilitate an AM aerial? Usually the internal ferrite bar aerial is sufficient but these can be directional.

Gray

What are the terminals on the back of the tuner to facilitate an AM aerial? Usually the internal ferrite bar aerial is sufficient but these can be directional.
I thought there might be one but I couldn't see a ferrite in the only picture I saw showing the internals.
Presumably there are just rear terminals for an external aerial 🤔

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts