Quad 606

S. Basu

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Hiii,

I am Soumyajit from India. I am the long follower of this side. I have a problem want to share you. I Purchased used Power Amplifier Quad 606 from India and yesterday I received the same. Whether I connected the amp with power notice a humming sound come inside the amp and and amp little vibrating. But this sound not come out from the speaker. I read different site that Quad 606 older version have this sound. My question is this harmfull for my system? If yes then what should I do?

Further, may people suggest me to upgrade my amp to MK II version, becouse this version remarkably change sound stage of the amp. and what will be the best pre amp of this power amp.

I am useing Focal BS JLM chorous 706, Yamaha CD player CDX 396 & Marantz CD 5005, Maverick Tube Magic Dac, as a pre DIY K Buffer and a passive pre.

Kindly sugges me.

Hi Soumyajit, I don't know this model well, but a quick google suggests you aren't the first to encounter this problem. It may be that you can tighten up some internal parts, or there may be a fault somewhere. However, if it is only a mechanical buzz, it may be caused by a poor mains power supply locally. As long as the sound isn't reaching the speakers it should do no harm. But it is annoying!

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
The reply already provided by Nopiano was correct, so really there is nothing else to add. If the amp came with a warranty, ask the vendor to check it out for you. But more than likely the amp is fine and it's just the transformer in it doesn't work well with noisy mains.

S. Basu

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Dear Friends,

Thanks for your cotinious supports. I have onother quaries about this amp.

If I upgrade it as MK II version how much sound improvemenrt can I experience? and What will the best match pre amplifier for this Quad amp.

Kindly suggested me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts