QUAD 12L2 SPEAKERS

StevenKay

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
QUAD 12L2 SPEAKERS

How good are these Speakers?

How well do they pair with Marantz PM6003 Amp?

Anyone using this combination, could you please share your views / experience. At what price did you buy them and what is the best price at which these can be bought these days?

Thanks.

Mooly

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Only you can answer that one by listening and comparing...

A few years ago now, and I listened to Quad speakers and they weren't to my taste at all, very dry and boxy.

A bit unfair to criticise maybe but I think "Quad" is just a name now owned by IAG group with most products made in the far east.

Go and listen... it's the only way :)

StevenKay

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Mooly said:
Only you can answer that one by listening and comparing...

A few years ago now, and I listened to Quad speakers and they weren't to my taste at all, very dry and boxy.

Mooly

I get the point. Thanks.

I had read a lot of praise for them elswhere, that's why I was keen to know if they would make a decent combination with Marantz PM6003.

StevenKay said:
QUAD 12L2 SPEAKERS

How good are these Speakers?

How well do they pair with Marantz PM6003 Amp?

Anyone using this combination, could you please share your views / experience. At what price did you buy them and what is the best price at which these can be bought these days?

Thanks.

Echo the previous poster, you'll have to hear them for yourself. The only Quads I've personally heard were in a shop just merrily playing through a Creek amp.

However, from what I've read, they do need a punchy amp to hear at best.

A

Anonymous

The QUAD's are lovely speakers and will do well with the Marantz amp

They're fairly powerful so need a bit of room to breathe for them to sound at their best

As above though; you need to demo the set-up to make a judegment for yourself
smiley-wink.gif

StevenKay

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
hifilover1979 said:
The QUAD's are lovely speakers and will do well with the Marantz amp. They're fairly powerful so need a bit of room to breathe for them to sound at their best. As above though; you need to demo the set-up to make a judegment for yourself
smiley-wink.gif

hifilover1979

Thanks for the positive feedback. Yes indeed, auditoning personally is the only proper way to decide. But positive recommendations do make a difference in the selection process.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
hifilover1979 said:
The QUAD's are lovely speakers and will do well with the Marantz amp

They're fairly powerful so need a bit of room to breathe for them to sound at their best

As above though; you need to demo the set-up to make a judegment for yourself
smiley-wink.gif

I agree, I used to have a pair of Quad 12L2's with both a PM6002 and PM7001 amp, and they sounded very nice to my ears.

Looked great too, my wife approved!

I reckon 2nd hand you are looking at around £200/£225 for a decent pair.

StevenKay

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Echo the previous poster, you'll have to hear them for yourself. The only Quads I've personally heard were in a shop just merrily playing through a Creek amp.

However, from what I've read, they do need a punchy amp to hear at best.

Thanks. Noted the point.

StevenKay

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
DIB said:
hifilover1979 said:
The QUAD's are lovely speakers and will do well with the Marantz amp. They're fairly powerful so need a bit of room to breathe for them to sound at their best. As above though; you need to demo the set-up to make a judegment for yourself
smiley-wink.gif

I agree, I used to have a pair of Quad 12L2's ... and they sounded very nice to my ears.

Looked great too, my wife approved! I reckon 2nd hand you are looking at around £200/£225 for a decent pair.

Thanks for the suggestion. "Looked great too, my wife approved!"

Now that's a critical factor...and definitely a bonus point... Lucky you!

A

Anonymous

I am in China. As i know, it is produced in China. In China, it sells about USD815 for this pair of 12L2. Although I have never listened it with Marantz, but it is really easy to drive with some entry level amp like creek EVO.

A

Anonymous

I have the 12L2 paired with a Marantz PM8003 and I absolutely love the combination. I demo'd the Quads with a PM6003 in the shop and bought them there and then, I much prefered them to other offerings such as the B&W 685. Definitely demo these if you haven't already. I paid £430 for the 12L2's brand new and am very happy with them for the price I paid.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts