Quad 11l speakers

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
Al ears said:
Forgotten how good these were. They are currently employed as my surrounds in my hifi home Cinema setup but have been using them recently as a my background system downstairs..... bloody brilliant.

Jeez they take me back. I remember demoing them when they first came out and remember them being astonishing at the time. Wouldn't mind having a listen to some now - if I recall I remember they were quite neutral and a bit bass light but very revealing?

Lucky man!

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
Al ears said:
Usual Quad, brilliant midrange but there is only so much bass you can squeeze out of an enclosure this size even if double-ported... ;-)

Used close to a rear wall as they currently are it's enough for me.

And I defy anyone to find a better finished speaker for the price. ......Piano lacquer maple burr anyone?

I may have a dabble for old times' sake if I can find a reasonable pair. I used to think the same about box size vs bass until I heard the Dynaudios in my sig. Actually a bit smaller than the Quads in all but depth but the bass is unreal. Would agree that the Quads finish is absolutely top draw.

Paulq said:
Al ears said:
Forgotten how good these were. They are currently employed as my surrounds in my hifi home Cinema setup but have been using them recently as a my background system downstairs..... bloody brilliant.

Jeez they take me back. I remember demoing them when they first came out and remember them being astonishing at the time. Wouldn't mind having a listen to some now - if I recall I remember they were quite neutral and a bit bass light but very revealing?

Lucky man!

Usual Quad, brilliant midrange but there is only so much bass you can squeeze out of an enclosure this size even if double-ported... ;-)

Used close to a rear wall as they currently are it's enough for me.

And I defy anyone to find a better finished speaker for the price. ......Piano lacquer birdseye maple anyone?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts