QED Silver Anniversary XT cable - Directional

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
I've just bought a short length of QED cable to test agsinst my existing stuff. What Hi-Fi's review of the cable says it is a 'directional' cable, but there is nothing on the cable to indicate which direction it should be run.

Any advise ?

A

Anonymous

If you have the same connections at both ends it doesn't matter.

A

Anonymous

Funny, in the genesis report QED concluded that there was no measurable directionality in cables. Anyone know what difference it makes?

a.g.

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I can't see any direction markings on my QED SA XT bi-wire cable so I connected it from speaker to amp in the direction of the writing, i.e. if it says "SILVER ANNIVERSARY" I have the amp nearest the word SILVER and the speaker nearest the word ANNIVERSARY. Doubt it makes any difference but it sounds good to my ears.

A

Anonymous

having given this further thought, the important thing is that both left and right channels match. Either way round wont matter as its alternating currant anyway, there is no direction of flow. The cables are aligned at a molecular level though, so make sure they match or you will have an imbalance.

I have the writting from amp to speakers aswell. Might aswell adopt a standard, its good practice.

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
I've just found this:-
Quote-----

From the horses mouth :-

Dear David,
unfortunately our marketing department doesn't like to offend people who
believe in the "burn in" and directionality theory of speaker cables. If
you subscribe to these theories, you may choose to arrange the QED Original
cable so that the writing points from the amplifier, towards the the
speaker.

If, like me, you don't believe a piece of copper can behave like a diode,
you may safely ignore the advice!
Sorry to have worried you for the sake of political correctness,
Yours sincerely
XXXXXX XXXXXXX
xxxx@qed.co.uk
QED AUDIO PRODUCTS LTD,
(ARMOUR HOME ELECTRONICS)
Unit B3
Kinsgswey Business Park,
Forsyth Road
WOKING,
Surrey UK
GU21 5SA
www.qed.co.uk
Tel: +44 (0)1483 747474
Fax: +44 (0)1483 545600

Unquote-----

here http://www.another site/forums/interconnects-speaker-cables-switches/177452-qed-original-speaker-cable-directional-2.html

I think that answers the question nicely. just worry about polarity (+ve to +ve and -ve to -ve) and you're sorted.

A

Anonymous

http://www.monstercable.com/faqs/

search on 'direction'

It alledgedly has nothing to do with the speaker signal, but apparently its all about the direction of the noise picked up by the shielding...

TRENDING THREADS