QED Revelation - awsome improvement!

Peter Larsen

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I just replaced my QED anniversay XT cable with the QED Reveleation, and what a difference that change made.

The XT is an excellent cable, but the Revelation lifted my system to new levels. Its no longer like listening to a stereo that immitates instruments and voices, it now actually sounds as if instruments and voices are playing in my living room.

The bottom is super tight and subtle, and the top is filled with detailes and sweet airy treble. Awsome.

I guess the cable need a little burn in (don't even think about starting a thread about burn ins!!!), as always when silver is used in the construction to remove some slight harshness in the treble.

Highly recommended, and once again a What HiFi review has been spot on! Great.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Don't you know that cables don't make any difference, how can they possibly make a difference when all they are is wire!

emotion-16.gif

PS glad you like them

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:
Don't you know that cables don't make any difference, how can they possibly make a difference when all they are is wire!

emotion-16.gif

PS glad you like them

Hhmmmm......is it me joelsim or do I detect a slight hint of sarcasm coming from your post! LOL

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
psej71:JoelSim:

emotion-16.gif

PS glad you like them

Hhmmmm......is it me joelsim or do I detect a slight hint of sarcasm coming from your post! LOL

You do. I'm a cable believer and pleased that yet another person is a believer.

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:psej71:JoelSim:

emotion-16.gif

PS glad you like them

You do. I'm a cable believer and pleased that yet another person is a believer.

Im a believer, so im pleased that a believer is pleased another believer is a believer.

A

Anonymous

sorry to hijack this thread, but is related ... I need new speaker cables ... what is recomended that retails for approx £25/m unterminated, and that would suit my system ... am after a speaker cable that sounds 'neutral' (if that makes sense)

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
dim_span:sorry to hijack this thread, but is related ... I need new speaker cables ... what is recomended that retails for approx £25/m unterminated, and that would suit my system ... am after a speaker cable that sounds 'neutral' (if that makes sense)

Bell wire wrapped around an old nail will do the trick. Just glue the nail into the speaker terminal.

But seriously it sounds like the QED Revelation is good, Kimber 8VS, Chord Odyssey, Nordost Blue Heaven...

What sort of music and what sort of sound do you like? Neutral? Tending towards bass? High level detail?

A

Anonymous

thanks Joel ... am pretty happy with the sound at the moment, and am delighted with the silver high breed interconnect ... currently using cheap (thick) copper speaker cable that was part of a joblot off ebay ... no name visible, but possibly monster cable ... and need to get something a bit better

Bass is not a problem, as the DM2 speakers are transmissions and bass/treble etc is very good ... music I listen to is very varied ... enjoy blues/rock/folk and a bit of jazz ... not much into classical but do occasionally listen

am toying with trying to get some of the old Hitachi LC-OFC and works out to approx £22.50/m ... I have used these a long time ago, together with the hitachi interconnects and was very pleased .... just not sure if there is anything newer that would be better at the same/similar price? ... am after a speaker cable that is very neutral sounding

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
dim_span:

thanks Joel ... am pretty happy with the sound at the moment, and am delighted with the silver high breed interconnect ... currently using cheap (thick) copper speaker cable that was part of a joblot off ebay ... no name visible, but possibly monster cable ... and need to get something a bit better

Bass is not a problem, as the DM2 speakers are transmissions and bass/treble etc is very good ... music I listen to is very varied ... enjoy blues/rock/folk and a bit of jazz ... not much into classical but do occasionally listen

am toying with trying to get some of the old Hitachi LC-OFC and works out to approx £22.50/m ... I have used these a long time ago, together with the hitachi interconnects and was very pleased .... just not sure if there is anything newer that would be better at the same/similar price? ... am after a speaker cable that is very neutral sounding

I'd go for Kimber 8VS, doubled up into single plugs.

A

Anonymous

thanks Joel ... will have a close look at the Kimber ... prob I have on the amp is that it has the old japanese speaker cable terminators (the ones that you press a plastic bar, then insert the cable), so I cannot use very thick cable (another solution would be to use special plugs that have a thin protrusion which is then put in the hole) ... I think Monster makes these, but would prefer to use unterminated cable on the amp side

A

Anonymous

Kimber 4TC would be a good choice. If you value the top end sparkle then the Chord Odyssey 2 is very good too. Silver High Breed cables are meant to be pretty decent too.

A

Anonymous

igglebert:Kimber 4TC would be a good choice. If you value the top end sparkle then the Chord Odyssey 2 is very good too. Silver High Breed cables are meant to be pretty decent too.

thanks igglebert ... will have a close look ... I have the silver high breed speaker cable on my 2nd system .... very good but cable but is very thick (one of the thickest I have seen) and is way too thick for the pioneer sa-9800 ...

The amp is going in for a service/recap/reset to factory spec shortly, and one of the options is to have standard modern banana plug connections fitted (it's not too expensive but not sure if I want it done as I prefer to keep the amp in original condition)

A

Anonymous

thanks igglebert ... those will be perfect! ... have seen similar ones on the net from monster, but never seen them in the UK ... will have a very close look at those!

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
I think it's about £15 per metre, which puts it squarely in the same price bracket as my QEDXT350 cable. I don't suppose anyone knows if there's much difference between them?

I'm fancying a sly pre-Christmas upgrade but don't think this really fits the bill.

A

Anonymous

tried to get hitachi speaker cable from barry at breckland audio ... just got a mail back from him and he does not have any left ... he is also sold out of the hitachi interconnects ... enquired about some in late august ... he had in stock and I never bought ... kept on putting it off ... suppose you snooze, you loose ... (these were very good in the old days) ... leaves me back at square 1
emotion-6.gif

Peter Larsen

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Only complaint about Revelation is that each wire consist of 10 isolated silver plated cobber threads. It took ages to remove the isolation (4 x 10 wires). But it was worth it :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts