q acoustics concept 20 vs 3020

majowi

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm going to buy a small (well smaller than my old one...) hifi-set that should fit into my living -room. As the q acoustics are eventually available in Germany now, I had the chance to listen to them - and really enjoyed both the concept20 and 3020. I'd like to pair them with a creek evo 50a. Unfortunately speakers and amp are offered by different dealers, so I can't compare directly. Which pairing (concept or 3020) would you prefer or recommend? I listen to quite a lot of different music (singer / songwriter, (alternative) rock, classical. Normally I prefer morderate / lower volumes to full throttle.

Thanks for answering & regards

majowi

gasolin

majowi said:
Hi all,

I'm going to buy a small (well smaller than my old one...) hifi-set that should fit into my living -room. As the q acoustics are eventually available in Germany now, I had the chance to listen to them - and really enjoyed both the concept20 and 3020. I'd like to pair them with a creek evo 50a. Unfortunately speakers and amp are offered by different dealers, so I can't compare directly. Which pairing (concept or 3020) would you prefer or recommend? I listen to quite a lot of different music (singer / songwriter, (alternative) rock, classical. Normally I prefer morderate / lower volumes to full throttle.

Thanks for answering & regards

majowi

The 3020 should sound better since the concept 20 only is a 2020i with a better cabinet, but i don't think the difference is big

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Can't help you on pairing as I haven't heard the creek or on which speaker as I haven't heard the 3020....

However I have the Concept 20's and they are a revelation, huge/wide sounding for their diminutive size and beautifully detailed - they just pull you Into the music. They look great as well.

majowi

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for answering!

As I have written I've listend to both but with a different amp (an NAD, which would not be my first choice) and I liked both speakers. The 3020 was kinda more direct and forward - more involving. The concept was a bit more "civilized" and offered a tad more refinement and detail (just my impression). Maybe the concept is better to listen to in the long term. But it's not a big difference in the end. I just wondered about if somebody out there has experience with the creek and can give a tip which one would be the better match.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts