Q acoustics 3050 or Wharfedale diamond 230/240?

obiwan kenobi

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
For rock i like a warm full bodied sound with forgiving highes. I thought the Q acoustics will be a good choice. But now i saw there is this Wharfedale. Anyone listen to it?

obiwan kenobi

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
At the moment a very old amp. I will buy another together with speakers. Streamer is Cambridge cxn. Wharfedale maybe better than Q acoustics? I heard Dali Zensor. For me the highes are too much.

rainsoothe

Indeed auditioning is a must. I'd even do the q acoustics, you might like them, who knows? Wharfedale and Mission should also be on your list.

If you can find a place that can give you a good deal on Naim Nait 5si or Arcam A19 + Focal Aria 906, that would be even better.

For what it's worth, the CXN is great imo.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
I'd look at the options mentioned, but if possible I'd also try out the Q acoustics 2050i, I really had good experiences with the 2000 series and am not a sure as interwebz reviews that the 3000 series are worth the extra money

obiwan kenobi

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Mission is difficult. No dealer here. There is a wharfedale dealer here. I hope he has the diamond 230/240.
And amp, what about a musical fidelity m3si? Looks also very good

obiwan kenobi

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Have heard the wharfedale 230. Finally a speaker with Nice highs. The 240 Will be too Big. I think i Will Go for the wharfedale. Q accoustics 3050 can i not listen here and mission also not.

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
obiwan kenobi said:
Have heard the wharfedale 230. Finally a speaker with Nice highs. The 240 Will be too Big. I think i Will Go for the wharfedale. Q accoustics 3050 can i not listen here and mission also not.
yes I had a pair great speakers for the money

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
gasolin said:
seemorebtts said:
obiwan kenobi said:
yes I had a pair great speakers for the money

And you don't have a pair?

WHY?
I bought some tannoy dct special editions and then bought another 5 different Speaker's.i now own a pair of dynaudio emit m20 which I'm very happy with.for an amp I would recommend the new rega bio r or the Arcam a19 or the new Cyrus one

peterpan

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Isn't the Q Acoustics 3050 a little shrill with metal? Aren't the Wharfedale 230 more full bodied, warmer and smoother tweeter?

gasolin

peterpan said:
Isn't the Q Acoustics 3050 a little shrill with metal? Aren't the Wharfedale 230 more full bodied, warmer and smoother tweeter?

The 3000 top is good, some say it's sibilance,not shure how good the balance is, how much bass they have, no fattigue sound from my 3020

Wharfedale DIamond 230 has a more neutral top than the 220 (dark,low top) and good power down 35-40hz according to a german review both have the same spec's so something must have happend when the printed the review

I think at higher spl the whardales have a slightly edge (advantage) do to a softer,more neutral sounding top

Wharfedale 220 and Q Acoustics 3020/3050 have been the best speaker it's class,guess which one stil is............ Q Acoustics 3050

peterpan

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Yes; i know the 3050 becomes very good reviews. But the cambridge cxa60 too and for me this is a horrible bright sounding amp. I also don't like the looks of the 3050 and their thin drivers. Metal, mostly on the bright side, need a soft tweeter. I think in this way the Wharfedale are better.

gasolin

peterpan said:
Yes; i know the 3050 becomes very good reviews. But the cambridge cxa60 too and for me this is a horrible bright sounding amp. I also don't like the looks of the 3050 and their thin drivers. Metal, mostly on the bright side, need a soft tweeter. I think in this way the Wharfedale are better.

I don't think my Mission LX-2 are bright sounding (i think i have already mentioned it), the wharfedale diamond 220 are not at all bright,if the 225 only adds more bass i don't know, the 220 and 230 doesn't have the same frequency response in the highs, but it's the same tweeter, so they should sound equally good no matter what wharfedale diamond you listen to, just remember alot of bass will make a dark sounding speaker sound more dark and a bright speaker sound more neutral,balanced

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts