• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Q Acoustics 3030i

Markmaguire

Mar 8, 2012
I was just about to buy the 3050i when these were announced a few months ago. Was eagerly anticipating the What HiFi review for comparison. How do they compare to the larger floor standers ad part of a 5.1 system?

Mr. C Nation

Mar 21, 2020
I have always been a bit puzzled by speakers like these, as standmounts. They don't take up any less room, on stands, than floor standers. The Atacama stands that these look to perched on - the Atacamas are a 5* stand, at any rate - are £120 at Richer Sounds and elsewhere.

Total price £419 from R. S. - the same price as a pr of Fyne Audios 302's. Oberon 5's @ £499. Q Acoustics 3050 [G] @ £349.

Unless floor space is an issue and these speakers must go on shelves - they used to be called 'bookshelf', this sort of speaker - why lose the bottom end that only volume [of air shifted] can give?

And the performance if placed on a shelf is almost certainly going to be inferior to stand-mount. Back to sq 1.

As my guitar guru says, why buy a two pick-up guitar - 2/3rds of a guitar - when you can buy a Strat? [Yeah, I know - humbuckers v s/c]

Reactions: kzh

Flinty

Aug 28, 2020
I have always been a bit puzzled by speakers like these, as standmounts. They don't take up any less room, on stands, than floor standers. The Atacama stands that these look to perched on - the Atacamas are a 5* stand, at any rate - are £120 at Richer Sounds

Haven't you heard of the 'Wife Acceptance Factor'?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS