Q Acoustics 3020 review

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

gasolin

drummerman said:
gasolin said:
drummerman said:
Cypher said:
Just read the review.

But I like to know how much of an improvement they are over the 2020i speakers ? Are they almost as good as the Concept 20 ?

Is it worth the investment when you already have the 2020i speakers ?

Maybe someone who did the review could answer these questions *smile*

I can't post links but if you go on youtube you should find a comparison one guy did with a relatively good microphone set up between the the 2020i and the 3020 both on stands and shelf standing.

Even on youtube the difference is quite profound.

Imho there is no question the 3020 is superior but I don't know how it compares to the concept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieszSrVRIFA

Fantastic, cheers.

Improvements seem to be most noticeable in mid and treble clarity but even the bass seems firmer.

Provided the youtube video was reasonably accurate, to achieve similar improvements with amplification or cabling would probably cost much more than the difference between the old and new QAcoustic, discounts notwithstanding.

there shoud be some difference in the youtube video since the mic is the same, but the 2020i have double terminals and the 3020 only have single connection,terminals, is the 2020i used the the metal bracket on, the cable both for top and bottom or jumpers?

Would speakercable instead of the metal brackets give a much better sound on the 2020i?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
gasolin said:
drummerman said:
gasolin said:
drummerman said:
Cypher said:
Just read the review.

But I like to know how much of an improvement they are over the 2020i speakers ? Are they almost as good as the Concept 20 ?

Is it worth the investment when you already have the 2020i speakers ?

Maybe someone who did the review could answer these questions *smile*

I can't post links but if you go on youtube you should find a comparison one guy did with a relatively good microphone set up between the the 2020i and the 3020 both on stands and shelf standing.

Even on youtube the difference is quite profound.

Imho there is no question the 3020 is superior but I don't know how it compares to the concept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieszSrVRIFA

Fantastic, cheers.

Improvements seem to be most noticeable in mid and treble clarity but even the bass seems firmer.

Provided the youtube video was reasonably accurate, to achieve similar improvements with amplification or cabling would probably cost much more than the difference between the old and new QAcoustic, discounts notwithstanding.

there shoud be some difference in the youtube video since the mic is the same, but the 2020i have double terminals and the 3020 only have single connection,terminals, is the 2020i used the the metal bracket on, the cable both for top and bottom or jumpers?

Would speakercable instead of the metal brackets give a much better sound on the 2020i?

Imo decent cable links would improve the sq over the included brackets.

Also worth noting is that QAcoustic use QED for internal cabling. Not sure which one but it just shows they pay attention to small detail.

Thanks a lot guys for quick response :) I just spoke with q-acoustics support team and get this answer

,,Aah now I can see. I'll ask out tech guys ad get back to you as soon as possible. However I don't believe it will efffect the performance. This may take a couple of days as people are on holiday.

I will attach another photo for you to make it better view -( white dots on picture show place where paint should be ) , while blue it's easy to see grey colour which is that impregant .

http://www99.zippyshare.com/v/qUk0yIu8/file.html

gasolin

Arkadiusz Nowak said:
Thanks a lot guys for quick response :) I just spoke with q-acoustics support team and get this answer

,,Aah now I can see. I'll ask out tech guys ad get back to you as soon as possible. However I don't believe it will efffect the performance. This may take a couple of days as people are on holiday.

I will attach another photo for you to make it better view -( white dots on picture show place where paint should be ) , while blue it's easy to see grey colour which is that impregant .

It's not light from the camera?

unfortunetaly no ....This is place where probably q-acoustics worker forgot touch a brush with paint
gasolin said:
Arkadiusz Nowak said:

It's not light from the camera?

Just get answer from of q-acoustics engineers

,,Good morning Arek - There is no paint, the entire tweeter surface is made from silk. Any white dots will likely be EPS dust from the packaging, this will not have an effect on the sound quality. A very fine brush may be able to remove these flecks, but they will be statically stuck to the tweeter fabric and so will not simple blow off. Hope this helps, no effect on performance. Have a wonderful time enjoying listening to the speakers!"

I'm such a happy now :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts